22 SES 05.5 PS, General Poster Session
General Poster Session
The present work framework is the investigation “the excellence in the University students from a longitudinal approach: Analysis of incident factors and design of an intervention model”, approved by the Science and Innovation Spanish Ministry and directed by the professor of theUniversityofValencia, Dr. Mr. Bernardo Gargallo López.
The investigation team is formed by professors of theUniversityofValenciaand the Polytechnical University of Valencia. The objective is to obtain data on the students’ adaptation to the University and on the strategies of learning that students with better grades to access at University use that can explain their achievement, in order to make specific effective models of working that can be generalized and to be taught as far as possible. We analyze the way to learn of several groups of students of first course of different degrees from the Polytechnical University of Valencia with best grades to access to University, and we compared it with students of average grades. In the investigation are valued: the learning strategies, approaches, styles, attitudes to learning, and other relevant variables (self-concept, I.Q., perception of their professors and their classes, integration at University, valuations of the professors, etc.).The work was initiated in 2010 and tries to carry out a pursuit of its evolution during the two first courses of permanence at University, with several measures to pick up data throughout the period of investigation.
The investigation uses quantitative and qualitative methodology. In the work that we present we use the discussion groups to obtain data of qualitative type, complementary of the obtained through quantitative questionnaires, and for it we formulate the following questions to the students:
- What personal circumstances have affected more to your achievement since you entered at University?
- What University does to help to the new students to adapt and to obtain a good academic achievement and what do you think that it would have to do?
- How it has changed your way to work at University with respect to the High School?
- What educative strategies do you use to obtain the current achievement at University?
ARBOLEDA, L. (2008). “El grupo de discusión como aproximación metodológica en investigaciones cualitativas”, Revista de la Facultad Nacional de Salud Pública 26, Núm.1, pp. 69-77 CALLEJO, J. (2001). El grupo de discusión: introducción a una práctica de investigación. Barcelona: Ariel. GALENO, M. (2004). Estrategias de investigación social cualitativa: El giro en la mirada. Colombia: La Carreta. IBAÑEZ, J. (1992). Más allá de la sociología. (2ª ed.). Madrid: siglo XXI IBAÑEZ, J. (1991). “El grupo de discusión: fundamento metodológico y legitimación epistemológica”. En M. Latiesa (ed.). El pluralismo metodológico en la investigación social. Ensayos típicos: Universidad de Granada, pp. 53-82 KRUEGER, R.A. (1991). El Grupo de Discusión. Guía práctica para la investigación aplicada. Madrid: Pirámide. KRUEGER, R.A. (1998). Moderating Focus Groups. Thousand Oaks: Sage. MORGAN, D.L. (1991). The Focus Groups Guide Book. Newbury Park: Sage.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.