25 SES 03, Children’s Perspectives on Issues of Concern
This article presents a research study of bullying in Swedish private Boarding schools with focus on a child perspective. It analyses even the Education of the Swedish Power Elites starting point from Bourdieu s’ sociological research and from the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
This study is based on the analysis of cases of bullying in three private boarding schools in Sweden during 2011-2012. This contribution analyses in which way the child perspective is presented in description of bullying and practices against bullying produced by different actors
Ahlström, Björn, Bullying and social objectives: a study of prerequisites for success in Swedish schools / Umeå : Sociologiska institutionen, Umeå universitet, 2009 Bourdieu Pierre (1989) La noblesse d’état. Grandes écoles et esprit de corps. Les Editions de Minuit. Young, Iris Marion (1990). Abjection and oppression: dynamics of unconscious racism, sexism, and homophobia. I: A.B. Dallery, C.E., Scott & P.H. Roberts (red.) Crises in continental philosophy. Abany, New York: State University of New York Press. Young, Iris Marion (1997). Intersecting voices: dilemmas of gender, political philosphy, and policy. Princeton, New York: Princeton University Press.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.