25 SES 13, Beyond Advocacy and Evaluation: New Theoretical and Conceptual Approaches for Analyzing Rights-Based Participatory Pedagogies and Practices
This paper refers to ongoing research project (collaborative inquiry with ethnographic inspiration) funded by the Ministry of Science and Technology (Spain). Five schools from infant, primary and secondary education design and develop ad hoc projects addressed to school improvement following student participatory strategies. Student participation is not a priority (nor a frequent aim) in Spanish schools, so the novelty of the concern about voice pedagogies is connected here with the purposes of inclusion and democracy education. The research project goes through 5 stages which are shared by all the schools in a flexible way. The purpose of this paper is to analyze how participants (research team, students and teachers) go through these stages, what are the different narratives available for them, how they envisage each stage should and can be accomplished. The acceptance that there are some different truths, some different interest, objectives and concerns competing in the same social space takes us to an alternative epistemological position. It will help us to understand in a deeper way the research project drift illuminating the existing priorities and resistances of the participants. We also want to witness that participation is a multivocal process which is usually concealed because of power differences.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.