23 SES 13 JS, "Publish yet Perish": Philosophy of Education in an Age of Impact Factors
Joint Session with NW 13
In Norway, philosophy of education does not operate in the same hostile climate as in other European countries. The great majority of Norwegian philosophers of education have a tenured position, which implies that their salaries are safely secured by the state’s basic funding of the Norwegian Universities and University Colleges. A strong commitment to various aspects of education shapes the course, topics, approaches, methods and dissemination of their work. This is a continuation of the strong tradition of the Norwegian school of ‘philosophers of praxis’ (i.e. Hellesnes, 1969; Skjervhem, 1969). Moreover, Norwegian philosophers of education publish widely in a large number of journals on educational theory, research and practice, not in philosophy journals. Most publications are in Norwegian. But with the stated ambition of promoting Norway as a “leading knowledge based economy” (Ministry of Knowledge, 2012) follows the expectation of more international publications and to “save” the quality of Norwegian educational research by performing systematic meta-analysis and reflections on the visions, missions and quality-criteria of educational research (Norwegian Research Council, 2004, 2006). This development creates quite a few dilemmas and puts the field under pressure along the lines observed in many countries worldwide.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.