23 SES 13 JS, "Publish yet Perish": Philosophy of Education in an Age of Impact Factors
Joint Session with NW 13
The contextualization makes clear that the situation is different possibly in every country; moreover, that nearly everywhere comparisons are made between educational researchers, that Web of Knowledge journals play an important role, and that sub-discipline specific criteria are hardly given a place. How would the situation look if one would invoke these? A set of data was created of the four journals used by Haydon. trying to answer ‘How does this particular colleague compare with his/her peers in an international context?’ It was found that most of the articles are single authored, 1221 out of 1396; that 87% of the authors have one or two publications; 45 authors have 5 or more and 11 authors have 10 or more in the period from 2000 till 2010 (included). Taking into account co-authored journal articles it was then calculated how many authors have published 5 articles or more (and moreover, respectively 10 or more). This adds up to 51 (which is 6% of all the authors) respectively 11 (1.5 % of all the authors). The analysis author/country shows that a number of colleagues of rather small language areas do not do bad at all as compared to their peers.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.