Existing National or Regional Associations of Educational Research who wish to join EERA are invited to contact the EERA President (or the Council Member responsible for advising associations on membership). Only general educational research associations will be considered as members.
A general educational research association is defined as an association which addresses the broad field of educational research drawing on multiple forms of enquiry.
A full application for membership will include:
- A letter of motivation for bringing forward the application;
- A copy of the Constitution of the prospective member association (in English);
- Information on membership, e.g. criteria for membership, number of academic researchers, number of education professionals;
- Evidence of research activity, e.g. details of the association’s research seminars, research funding and journal(s); list of research publications of office holders; support for emerging researchers; policy regarding ethics in educational research.
- the EERA Members fact sheet with a list of contacts such as President, Treasurer, office staff and the nominated contact person for EERA/future representative of the association on the EERA Council as well as their period of office;
- Web address (URL) of the association;
- A 5 - 10 line paragraph on the association for inclusion on the EERA website.
The EERA Council will assign a “reviewer” from a neighbouring association represented in EERA council to comment on the application.
The Applicants will have the opportunity to present their case to the EERA council meeting after the ECER conference. While Council welcomes if associations follow the invitation to present to Council it is not seen as pre-requisite for accepting a membership application.
EERA can recognize educational research associations outside Europe and non-governmental organization active in the field of general educational research as EERA partners. Such partners and EERA will sign a Memorandum of Understanding outlining the mutual interests, areas of cooperation and rights and duties of EERA and the partner. Such rights might include entrance to ECER for reduced registration fees and the organization paying a partner fee.
in order of countries:
Belgium (VFO and ABC-Educ)
Cyprus (CPA and KEB-DER)
Czech Republic (CAPV)
Finland (FERA and NERA)
Portugal (SPCE and CIDInE)
Spain (AIDIPE and SEP)
Turkey (EAB and EARDA)
United Kingdom (BERA and SERA)