During the Emerging Researchers' Conference, the Convenors and the Senior Mentor of the Emerging Researchers' Group select the best poster presented during the interactive poster sessions. In special cases, it is possible to have more than one winning poster. The judges evaluate the posters according to the following criteria:
- quality of the research in terms of theoretical and methodological aspects
- originality of the work presented
- added value of the research in terms of “closing a gap” in knowledge
- degree of European contexualisation
- adequateness and originality of poster layout in relation to its contents
- quality of the 5 minute poster presentation .
The winner of the Best Poster Award is announced during the closing ceremony of the Emerging Researchers' Conference. The presenter of the winning poster is invited to attend the following year's ECER conference and receives a 550,-€ bursary. An official EERA certificate will also be awarded.
ECER Plus (online): There will be a second Best Poster Award chosen from the posters presented during the ERC 2022 at ECER Plus (online). The winner of this award will be announced after the presentations and will also invited to attend the following year's ECER conference and receives a 550,-€ bursary. An official EERA certificate will also be awarded.