Visa Regulations

Who Needs a Visa

If you are from the US, an EU Member State, or certain Commonwealth countries, you do not need a visa for the UK for up to six months. See information on documents needed below.

To check what applies to your country, you can use the following tool:

How to Apply

Here you can find information on what you need for your visa application:

Please note, all ECER participants with fully paid fees (ECER participant registration will start on 1 April) can access an invitation letter via their user accounts in Conftool. For that, you have to confirm in your user account details that you need such a letter. You can re-enter your user account details via Edit User Account Details on the overview page of your user account.

We recommend that participants who need a visa start the process of applying as early as possible.

EU, EEA or Swiss Citizens – Passport needed!

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens can travel to the UK for holidays or short trips without needing a visa. You can cross the UK border using a valid passport which should be valid for the whole time you are in the UK.

You cannot use an EU, EEA or Swiss national ID card to enter the UK.

More details