Network: 05. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Tuesday, 2014-09-02, 13:15-14:45, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Dolf van Veen
- Consequences of Availability of ‘extended’ Pupil Welfare interventions – Effects on School Performance
- Community Schools: exploiting the city as a learning environment?
- Wanting More: Artful Approaches To The Question Of Value In Informal Education
Anette Bolin Emma Sorbring
Lia Blaton Piet Van Avermaet
05 SES 02, School Dropout: Local Community and Teacher Perceptions of Risk Factors, and Multi-Actor Perspectives on School Failure
Tuesday, 2014-09-02, 15:15-16:45, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Mark Hadfield
- School Dropout: Relationships between Teacher Perceptions of Risk Factors and their Recommendations for Pedagogical Action
- Study Of School Failure In Secondary Education From The Experience Of The Different Actors Involved In School
- Dropout Risk Factors At The Level Of Local Community
Valérie Angelucci Léonie Liechti
Estefanía Martínez Valdivia
Ksenija Krstic Nataša Simić Dragica Pavlovic Babic
Tuesday, 2014-09-02, 17:15-18:45, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair:
- Youth, Social Communities and Educational Challenges
- Teacher Competences And Special Educational Needs
Vibe Larsen Tekla Canger Lone Brønsted Sharmila Holmstrøm Charlotte Bie
Ed Smeets Guuske Ledoux
Wednesday, 2014-09-03, 09:00-10:30, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Dolf van Veen
- Does A Social Pedagogy Perspective Underpin The Views Of University Students In England, Greece And Norway Regarding Bullying In Schools?
- Teacher Team Development And Implementation Of The “Collaborative Mutual Communication”Approach. An Outline Of A School Development Project.
Chris Kyriacou Iro Mylonakou-Keke Paul Stephens
Wednesday, 2014-09-03, 12:30-14:00, Room: Poster Area D (between B014 - B018), Chair:
- Young Carers who are absent from school – An insight of interdisciplinary cooperation
- Physical Dating Violence in Asturias (Spain): prevalence and context.
- Early Interventions for Developing Children’s Bully Proofing Abilities: UK Results of a European Collaboration
Gisela Schulze Steffen Kaiser
Sara Rodríguez Pérez Mª de las Mercedes Inda Caro
Annie Brookman Daniel Muijs
Wednesday, 2014-09-03, 17:15-18:45, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Ruth Leitch
- Individual risk factors for dropout from school – Case study from Serbia
- School characteristics related to primary and secondary school dropout in Serbia
- Dropout: Analysis of family risk factors based on twelve case studies
Ljiljana Lazarevic Marina Videnovic Ivana Stepanovic Ilic
Natasa Simic Ksenija Krstic
Ljiljana B. Lazarevic Ivana Stepanovic Ilic Marina Videnovic
Thursday, 2014-09-04, 09:00-10:30, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Sofia Marques da Silva
- Cognitive And Non-Cognitive Outcomes Of Muslim Schools
- The Relation Between Teacher Perceptions And Language Achievement In Socially And Ethnically Segregated Primary Schools
Lisa Dewulf Johan van Braak Mieke Van Houtte
Thursday, 2014-09-04, 11:00-12:30, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Dolf van Veen
- Don’t give up on me: Capturing the voices of young people at risk of exclusion
- PRACTICES OF FLEXIBLE BASIC EDUCATION IN FINLAND: preventing early school leaving of adolescents
- Bridging the Gap, Enhancing Knowledge and Practice: Academics and ‘Blended’ Professionals Working Together at the Success at School Project
Anneli Sarja Sirpa Janhonen
Cristina Devecchi Christine Morgan Liam Norton Julian Brown Paul Bramble
Thursday, 2014-09-04, 12:45-13:45, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Dolf van Veen
- Network Meeting
Dolf van Veen
Thursday, 2014-09-04, 15:30-17:00, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Mark Hadfield
- Problem Solving Skills-Related Determinants Associated with Performance of Resilient Students in PISA 2012
- Succeeding Against the Odds: The Influence of Changes in Children’s Early Years on Their Educational Outcomes
- Successful Despite Disadvantaged Circumstances? A Comparative Case Study of Lesson Characteristics at Successful and Struggling Schools in Segregated Districts.
Ilker Kalender Ayse Aydiner
Christina Funke Marten Clausen Isabell van Ackeren Kathrin Racherbäumer
Thursday, 2014-09-04, 17:15-18:45, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Ruth Leitch
- Space for Emotions: investigation into an arts therapy service working with at risk children within a sample of Irish schools
- Design and Evaluation of a Dramatization Programme to improve Self-esteem
- Traumatized Students in the Classroom – A Pedagogical View of Traumatic Experiences and Their Influences on the Interactions at School
Antonia Brown Jim Gleeson Ed Kuczaj Patricia Mannix McNamara
Sara Fernández Aguayo Margarita Pino Juste
David Zimmermann Franziska Ullrich
Friday, 2014-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Lia Blaton
- Social Pedagogy in Residential Care: A Case Study of Curriculum Design for a Programme of Continuous Professional Development
- Discursive spaces of children in the context of Homes for Children and Youth: Comparative analysis of emotions, dreams and desires
Cristina Devecchi Wendy Bannerman
Judite Zamith-Cruz Ana Rita Fernandes Joana Fernandes Patrícia Costa Júlio Peixoto Gomes Zélia Caçador Anastácio
05 SES 13, Education Policy and Race in Europe in Times of Austerity: Recognising or Producing ‘Difference’?
Friday, 2014-09-05, 11:00-12:30, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Charlotte Chadderton
- Education Policy and Race in Europe in Times of Austerity: Recognising or Producing ‘Difference’?
- Militarisation in Schooling and the (Re)production of Racial Difference: 'Troops to Teaching' in England
- Individualisation and Racialisation as Practices of Differentiation in Germany
- The intercultural in Everyday Life (Levebvre 1991) as an Area of Informal Learning
Charlotte Chadderton Anke Wischmann Anissa Ben Hamouda - Ugwe Vini Lander
Anissa Ben Hamouda
Friday, 2014-09-05, 15:30-17:00, Room: B017 Anfiteatro, Chair: Alice Lopes
- Perceptions of attachment for caregivers of homes for children and youth in the district of Braga - Portugal
Alice Lopes Judite Zamith-Cruz
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.