06 SES 10 A, Supporting the Sharing of Knowledge and Educational Resources
This paper is dedicated to practice of references to external open educational resources (OER) included into electronic courses systematization.
Research question is if it possible to manage the multilingual online courses with integrated references to OER to keep the OER up-to-date. Which technology may be implemented?
Objective of this paper is based on availability of high quality OER, which makes possible to construct the electronic course using just references to outer resources in many European languages. This becomes very topical constructing international curriculum using distant learning (for example, under Erasmus + projects, double diplomas and other cooperation programs). This poses several challenges that form the subject for research and practice of integration of OER into learning management system (LMS) in universities:
- Integration of OER in different languages into learning management system of universities.
- Updating of integrated OER promptly, if they appear not up to date.
- Revising of annotated OER in case of revisions added to curriculum outcomes.
- Changes to be added into e-courses in case of tutor replacement.
One of prospective solution of these issues is research and development of knowledge domain ontology and its application to management of OER within the LMS.
Conceptual framework of this paper is based on current approaches to creation, implementation of knowledge domain ontology to managing the educational content, including collaborative models (MOOC, educational communities’ collaboration etc.). Management of educational content means collection of information from different resources (including multi-language) and its publication in one or more electronic courses. These courses may be available to one or many educational audiences. Open educational resources are disseminated by electronic means in many languages, and authors of electronic courses also become information managers. Creation of taxonomy of MOOC and its integration into knowledge domain ontology is prospective technology for educational information managers.
This technology was approbated for managing the educational content by MESI University in Minsk (Belarus) for managing electronic courses. All these courses include annotated references to external open educational resources. Main dilemmas of creation taxonomies and their integration into university knowledge domain ontology are the following:
- Simplicity of creation and management versus multi-linguicism in order to support high-quality open knowledge sources in languages other than Russian and English [original illustration is available].
- Correlation with Russian educational standards requirements (more limited and rarely updated) versus interdisciplinary outcomes which are more dynamic, but more complicated for management [original illustration is available]
Personal authorship for electronic courses versus collaborative (modeling the knowledge domain include relations between experts and terms of taxonomy, however in collaborative networking these relations become difficult to manage) [original illustration is available]
Garrot T. (2003) et. ot., Un marcoteóricopara la economía del e-learning // Revista de Univestidad y Sociedad del Conocimiento, Vol. 5, n.º 1, с. 57-71 Forecast (2008), The US Market for Learning Technology Products and Services: 2008-2013 Forecast and Analysis, Ambient Insight, LLC. Available at: www.ambientinsight.com/Resources/Documents/ AmbientInsight_US_2008-2013_LearningTechnologyMarket_ExecutiveOverview.pdf [Accessed: 21.10.2014] Gorbachev N. and Greenberg A. University Knowledge Domain Application for Educational Content Updating. // Economics, Statistics, Informatics. – 2010. – Vol. 3. pp. 141 – 147.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.