02 SES 02 C, Educational Research: Work-Based Learning Policy Developments
Objectives of the project are to identify the factors of failure and/or success of dual approaches in other contexts than the original one; to assess the feasibility of incorporating dual structures in Portugal and Spain in the footwear industry; and to make policy recommendations aimed at policy makers concerning the potential adoption. Currently are we analysing the “state of the art” of the different VET-systems in the shoe sector. We adopted the 11 “constitutional elements” of the German VET-regime described by Euler (2013) to estimate potentials of exporting apprenticeship. But we prefer not to talk about German “constitutional elements” but about central questions that must be answered by any VET regime – and the German answers on some of these questions differ from the Spanish or Portuguese and open the field for policy learning. For any games on this field the beliefs and interests of stakeholders like teachers, employers, trade unions, chambers etc must be considered as well. So a row of interviews with the relevant stakeholders in shoe industry will be performed, the answers and trends will reveal the potentials of incorporating dual structures and will compose the main part of the presentation of DualTrain project.
DualTRAIN project on adam.europe.eu: Search for "DualTRAIN" Euler, D. (2013) Germany's dual vocational training system: a model for other countries? Gütersloh: Bertelsmann Stiftung
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.