02 SES 13 B, Patterns of Cooperation Between Higher Education and the World of Work
All over Europe national authorities are aiming at increasing the quality of HE-programmes, especially in terms of referring to labour-market needs; additionally the amount of placements at HE is increasing; being in-line with the interests of the younger population and the corresponding recommendations of European commission and council or OECD: “Tertiary institutions not only have to meet the growing demand for university education by expanding the number of places they offer, they also have to adapt programmes and teaching methods to match the changing needs of a more diverse generation of students.” (OECD2013) But preconditions and thus approaches are different; some countries like Spain, the UK or Finland have traditionally a high ratio of school leavers with university entrance diploma, others like Czech Republic and Turkey are constantly working on increasing this ratio. On the other hand Germany, and partly the UK also, are trying to increase the amount of potential students by opening chosen programmes for vocationally qualified students, recognising LO from work experience. All presentations will deliver arguments for both possible answers on each category and will ask the audience for their estimations on how to improve/further develop the cooperation between HE and the world of work.
homepage: http://www.letae.eu/ EU 2011: http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:52011DC0567&from=EN OECD 2013: http://www.oecd.org/education/skills-beyond-school/EDIF%202013--N%C2%B015.pdf (all visted: 15.01.2016)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.