Side Event WS 01, Advanced Data Analysis Using the IEA’s IDB Analyzer
Workshop - Registration required
The IEA’s IDB Analyzer is a standalone application that generates syntax in SAS and SPSS that can be used to analyze large-scale assessment databases such as those published by the IEA (TIMSS, PIRLS, ICCS, etc.) and OECD (PISA and PIAAC). This workshop will focus on the use of the of the linear and logistic regression statistic modules that are part of the IDB Analyzer. In particular, it will review different types of analysis that can be conducted with these modules and demonstrate the users how to interpret the output.
The workshop will consist of a combination of lectures and hands-on. The lectures will provide a quick overview of the theoretical underpinnings of linear and logistic regression, and the key statistics that are generated with these analysis. It will also provide the participants with a handful of exercises where they will get to explore and use different features of the analysis module. Participant will be requires to have a working version of SAS or SPSS installed on their computer.
Expected outcomes for participants
After the workshop participants will be able to:
- Use the IDB Analyzer to specify a linear of logistic regression analysis using large-scale scale assessment data
- Interpret the output created by the IDB Analyzer with the linear and logistic regression modules
Target audience and requirements
The workshop builds on prior knowledge of linear and logistic regression analysis. Familiarity with SPSS or SAS as well as large scale data is expected. Sample data from most recent TIMSS international database will be distributed to be used in the hands-on examples. Participants have to bring their own computers with a working version of SAS or SPSS. They will also need to have a working version of the IDB Analyzer.
Technical documentation for studies such as TIMSS, PIRLS, ICCS or PISA.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.