07 SES 08 B, Collaborative Roundtable on Intercultural Professionalism as Researchers
We, as convenors of Network 7, want to continue in this special network session our longlasting conversation on our own intercultural professionalism as researchers in the field of Social Justice and Intercultural Education. Intercultural professionalism is informed but an ethical and political stance. It is relational and value-based. We would like to have an exchange with netwotk 7 participants on this topic. During this sessions we want to have a dialogue on questions such as:
- Why do you research what you are researching?
- Is this and how influenced by, connected to your historically and culturally situated selves?
- Is this and how influenced by the current socio-cultural context you are working in?
- What is the personal aim of your research?
- What important choices you made are you proud of?
- What important choices do you regret?
We were inspired to start this dialogue by the book edited by Carl. A Grant (1999) on multicultural research in which he presents the views and perspectives of 18 distinguished researchers and scholars on what guides them during their research and writing in the eara of equity, social justice and power.
Our conversation is two decades later, situated in Europe and focused on intercultural education and social justice. After a short introduction we'll engage in our horizontally organized exchange.
Carl A. Grant (1999). Multicultural research: a reflective engagement with race, class, gender and sexual orientation. London: Falmer press.
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.