Network: 17. Histories of Education
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 13:15-14:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde
- Legitimation of Virtue Education under Dictatorship: The Case of Soviet Latvia (from 1948 to 1985)
- Historical Evidences Against the Audio-visual Propaganda during the Totalitarian Periods. Analysing the Francoism as a Case Study.
- Education in Soviet Lithuania – dangerous and/or attractive “zone”.
Manuel Joaquín Fernández González Iveta Ķestere
Raquel Cercós Eulàlia Collelldemont
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 15:15-16:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Helena Ribeiro de Castro
- Formation Of Nurses In Times Of Risk
- ‘Found Myself in a Storm’ – Uncertainty as Part of Educational Thought
- The Competent but Vulnerable Child - Receptive and in need of intervention
Carmen Flury Raffaela Christina de Vries Christina Rothen Stefan Kessler
Maja Plum Therese Lindgren Magdalena Sjöstrand Öhrfelt
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Christian Ydesen
- John Dewey and the Nature of Body/Mind Relationships: A Historical and Critical Review 1900-1930.
- Progressive Education and Grammar Schools in Sweden: Mother Tongue, History and Biology Teaching in the 1940s
Johan Samuelsson Niklas Gericke Christina Olin-Scheller
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Disappointed Redemption Narratives
- Hope – Optimism – Disappointment: The Role of Narratives of School Crisis in Germany and the US
- Between Blame and Credit: The Role of Villains and Heroes in Dystopian and Utopian Narratives about Education in Sweden
- Imagining the Nordic welfare state – A case study of Nordic childcare know-how in China
Bernhard Hemetsberger Joakim Landahl Magnus Andersen Iveta Kestere Johannes Westberg
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Geert Thyssen
- Future Thinking through Present/s_Past/s? Reconsidering Conditions of Schooling through Time as a Historical and Theoretical Subject of Inquiry
Geert Thyssen Fabio Pruneri Iveta Kestere Helena Ribeiro de Castro Chista Nadimi Christian Ydesen
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 12:15-13:15, Room: Poster Tent, Chair:
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Joakim Landahl
- ‘Unsound Minds’ – Sound Studies And The History Of Education For Children With Mental Disabilities In Belgium 1887-1920.
- Visualization of political Arguments of Civics Courses in the former GDR
- A Forgotten Sound: Aids/hiv, Pascal de Duve and the Sensitive Historian of Education
Nele Reyniers Pieter Verstraete
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Milestones in the History of Czechoslovak Education and Teaching Profession in the Second Half of the 20th Century
- New Possibilities For Education After Political And Social Changes - Slovenian Examples In 20th-Century (1918 And 1945)
- Counterrevolutionary Teachers: Physical Violence in the Hungarian Schools after the 1956 Revolution
Jiri Zounek Michal Šimáně
Branko Šuštar Maja Hakl Saje
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Manuel Joaquín Fernández González
- Challenging the Dominant Church Hegemony in Times of Risk and Promise: Carysfort Women Resist
- Futures Past: Critique of Schooling and Dealing with Societal Risk around 1800
- Risk and Promises in the Debate of Secular Religious Education in Sweden: Emilia Fogelklou – an Educational Traditionalist or Visionary?
Judith Harford Tom O' Donoghue
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Thomas Ruoss
- Teaching Capitalism in Times of Crisis: Historical Perspectives on the Educational Foundations of the Market Society
- Making Capitalism Run More Smoothly: Economic Knowledge Initiatives in Switzerland, 1950-1990
- Beyond the Counter: Banking Associations and the Promotion of Capitalistic Education in the 20th Century
- How to become a Capitalist? Monetary Education in the 19th Century
Thomas Ruoss Michael Geiss Sandra Mass . . Lukas Graf
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde
- Histories Of Education Over And In Time: Connecting The Past And Future Of A Discipline
Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde Nele Reyniers Iveta Kestere Attila Nóbik Klaus Dittrich Joyce Goodman
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Chista Nadimi
- Educational Research in the Digital Era: Possibilities and challenges
Chista Nadimi Lajos Somogyvári Stefanie Kollmann Stefan Cramme Lars Müller
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 12:10-13:20, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Network Meeting - NW 17
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Chista Nadimi
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Thomas Ruoss
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Pieter Verstraete
- Different Explanations to Differences. Academic and vocational conceptions in reforming the Swedish education system after World War II
- Educational Models for Children in 20th Century Italy. Horizons and Challenges for Democratization and Inclusion.
- The Legacy of the Norwegian 1942 Teachers’ Revolt Against the Nazi Regime
Jonas Gustafsson Åsa Broberg
Ole Petter Vestheim Leiv Sem
Friday, 2019-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Lajos Somogyvári
Friday, 2019-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Geert Thyssen
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.