Network: 17. Histories of Education
17 SES 01 A, Education in times of totalitarianism
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 13:15-14:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde
- Legitimation of Virtue Education under Dictatorship: The Case of Soviet Latvia (from 1948 to 1985)
- Historical Evidences Against the Audio-visual Propaganda during the Totalitarian Periods. Analysing the Francoism as a Case Study.
- Education in Soviet Lithuania – dangerous and/or attractive “zone”.
Manuel Joaquín Fernández González Iveta Ķestere
Raquel Cercós Eulàlia Collelldemont
17 SES 02 A, Educational histories of risks and uncertainties Part 1
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 15:15-16:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Helena Ribeiro de Castro
- Formation Of Nurses In Times Of Risk
- ‘Found Myself in a Storm’ – Uncertainty as Part of Educational Thought
- The Competent but Vulnerable Child - Receptive and in need of intervention
Carmen Flury Raffaela Christina de Vries Christina Rothen Stefan Kessler
Maja Plum Therese Lindgren Magdalena Sjöstrand Öhrfelt
17 SES 03 A, Histories of progressive education
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Christian Ydesen
- John Dewey and the Nature of Body/Mind Relationships: A Historical and Critical Review 1900-1930.
- Progressive Education and Grammar Schools in Sweden: Mother Tongue, History and Biology Teaching in the 1940s
Johan Samuelsson Niklas Gericke Christina Olin-Scheller
17 SES 03 B, Symposium: Society at Risk, and the Child as a Site of Redemption
Tuesday, 2019-09-03, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Disappointed Redemption Narratives
- Hope – Optimism – Disappointment: The Role of Narratives of School Crisis in Germany and the US
- Between Blame and Credit: The Role of Villains and Heroes in Dystopian and Utopian Narratives about Education in Sweden
- Imagining the Nordic welfare state – A case study of Nordic childcare know-how in China
Bernhard Hemetsberger Joakim Landahl Magnus Andersen Iveta Kestere Johannes Westberg
17 SES 04 A, Workshop: Future Thinking through Present/s - Past/s?
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Geert Thyssen
- Future Thinking through Present/s_Past/s? Reconsidering Conditions of Schooling through Time as a Historical and Theoretical Subject of Inquiry
Geert Thyssen Fabio Pruneri Iveta Kestere Helena Ribeiro de Castro Chista Nadimi Christian Ydesen
17 SES 05.5 PS, General Poster Session
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 12:15-13:15, Room: Poster Tent, Chair:
17 SES 06 A, Sensorial approaches towards our educational past
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Joakim Landahl
- ‘Unsound Minds’ – Sound Studies And The History Of Education For Children With Mental Disabilities In Belgium 1887-1920.
- Visualization of political Arguments of Civics Courses in the former GDR
- A Forgotten Sound: Aids/hiv, Pascal de Duve and the Sensitive Historian of Education
Nele Reyniers Pieter Verstraete
17 SES 06 B, Czech, Hungarian and Slovenian Histories of Education
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Milestones in the History of Czechoslovak Education and Teaching Profession in the Second Half of the 20th Century
- New Possibilities For Education After Political And Social Changes - Slovenian Examples In 20th-Century (1918 And 1945)
- Counterrevolutionary Teachers: Physical Violence in the Hungarian Schools after the 1956 Revolution
Jiri Zounek Michal Šimáně
Branko Šuštar Maja Hakl Saje
17 SES 07 A, Educational histories of risks and uncertainties Part 2
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Manuel Joaquín Fernández González
- Challenging the Dominant Church Hegemony in Times of Risk and Promise: Carysfort Women Resist
- Futures Past: Critique of Schooling and Dealing with Societal Risk around 1800
- Risk and Promises in the Debate of Secular Religious Education in Sweden: Emilia Fogelklou – an Educational Traditionalist or Visionary?
Judith Harford Tom O' Donoghue
17 SES 07 B, Symposium: Teaching Capitalism in Times of Crisis
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 208, Chair: Thomas Ruoss
- Teaching Capitalism in Times of Crisis: Historical Perspectives on the Educational Foundations of the Market Society
- Making Capitalism Run More Smoothly: Economic Knowledge Initiatives in Switzerland, 1950-1990
- Beyond the Counter: Banking Associations and the Promotion of Capitalistic Education in the 20th Century
- How to become a Capitalist? Monetary Education in the 19th Century
Thomas Ruoss Michael Geiss Sandra Mass . . Lukas Graf
17 SES 08 A, Workshop: Histories of Education over and in Time
Wednesday, 2019-09-04, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde
- Histories Of Education Over And In Time: Connecting The Past And Future Of A Discipline
Sarah Van Ruyskensvelde Nele Reyniers Iveta Kestere Attila Nóbik Klaus Dittrich Joyce Goodman
17 SES 09 A JS, Workshop: Educational Research in the Digital Era: Possibilities and challenges
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Chista Nadimi
- Educational Research in the Digital Era: Possibilities and challenges
Chista Nadimi Lajos Somogyvári Stefanie Kollmann Stefan Cramme Lars Müller
17 SES 10.5, Network Meeting - NW 17
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 12:10-13:20, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Iveta Kestere
- Network Meeting - NW 17
17 SES 11 A, Histories of Educaton in the Digital Era
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Chista Nadimi
17 SES 12 A, Money, money, money ...
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 15:30-17:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Thomas Ruoss
17 SES 13 A, Deconstructing Difference/s and Experiences
Thursday, 2019-09-05, 17:15-18:45, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Pieter Verstraete
- Different Explanations to Differences. Academic and vocational conceptions in reforming the Swedish education system after World War II
- Educational Models for Children in 20th Century Italy. Horizons and Challenges for Democratization and Inclusion.
- The Legacy of the Norwegian 1942 Teachers’ Revolt Against the Nazi Regime
Jonas Gustafsson Åsa Broberg
Ole Petter Vestheim Leiv Sem
17 SES 14 A, Reconstructing the past through curricula and textbooks
Friday, 2019-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Lajos Somogyvári
17 SES 16 A, Transnationalism and internationalism
Friday, 2019-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: VMP 8 - Room 205, Chair: Geert Thyssen
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.