00 SES 09 A, Research Funding Opportunities and Challenges
This round table will focus on the place and the role of educational research within the wider scope of social sciences and humanities, within funding agencies based in the European Research Area. This round table will be topical as well as pragmatic, addressing three main questions.
- What are the funding opportunities for researchers in education, including career development projects and broader projects/programmes, on national and European levels?
- How can the international research culture be described: Which educational research projects have been/are supported?
- What are the current and future challenges to be met by educational research in the European Research Area? What are the priorities?
By so doing, national and European funding opportunities will be presented for the attention of researchers at any stage of their career, from PhD candidates to those carrying out more advanced research. With a focus on research innovation, tools encouraging transnational collaboration and sharing of ideas between researchers, disciplines, sectors within and beyond the field of education will be highlighted. Particular attention will be paid to the criteria to be retained for the choice of funding tools as well as those guiding the evaluation of proposals. Finally, the place and role of educational research within the broader spectrum of research in the social sciences and humanities will also be discussed.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.