20 SES 06, Intercultural Issues in Foreign Language Teaching
Parallel Paper Session
The application of modern technologies in contemporary language classroom has become a natural phenomenon. Television and radio broadcast, DVD material, computer software and the Internet have been successfully incorporated into most of foreign language activities. However, the introduction of the Interactive whiteboard (IWB) has resulted in a whole new interactive learning environment. A number of research and investigation concerning the usage of interactive whiteboard has been done in respect to its effect on pupils in secondary schools.
Therefore, the key aim of this report is to find out the advantages and drawbacks of interactive whiteboard introduction into the foreign language classroom of adult learners, who approach the educational process differently, because of their already established values, believes and opinions.
The following objectives have been raised to achieve the main aim of the report:
- To overview the theoretical background of the whiteboard introduction into the process of education;
- To prepare the research design;
- To collect the responses on IWB usage from the participants of the English language courses at Kaunas College Kedainiai Jonusas Radvila Faculty;
- To analyse the collected data.
1. Becta (2003). What the research says about interactive whiteboards. 2. Cutrim Schmid, Euline (2009). Interactive Whiteboard Technology in the Language Classroom. 3. Armstrong, V., Barnes, S., Sutherland, R., Curran, S., Mills, S., & Thompson, I. (2005). Collaborative research methodology for investigating teaching and learning: The use of interactive whiteboard technology.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.