23 SES 13 B, Theorising and Using Crises in Education
Symposium, Part 1
Greek society has entered a period of economic crisis after 2009; A crisis that has constituted an important discussion internationally. In order to deal with this crisis and to maintain their power, dominant social and political forces in Greece have significantly modified characteristics of their own ideology, in an attempt to convince subordinate social classes and groups to accept as inevitable the consequences of the crisis and to submit to the fear of police violence and the implementation of more austerity measures that threaten their work and their ability to survive. The goal of our presentation is the understanding of the basic characteristics of this ideological mutation, the study of its relationship with the particular shape dominant ideology has taken in education, and finally, the critical examination of the answers that have been brought up to address the crisis in Greek society and education on the part of educators’ organizations.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.