23 SES 09 C, Governing By Inspection I: A European Inspectorate?
Symposium, Part 1
Drawing on an analysis of ideas (Boréus & Bergström 2005) in policy documents and an extensive number of interviews with key actors, the paper explores the interplay between European inspection ideas and the Swedish school inspection. The paper traces sources of inspiration, central actors and conduits for the flows of inspection ideas and practices visualising the brokering and the teaching and learning in these processes. What European ideas and practices, and to what extent they shape the two major current Swedish models (regular supervision and quality audits), or are shaped by Swedish notions of inspection is described. The translation of inspection ideas into prescribed inspection practice within the Swedish Inspectorate is also illuminated. Theories of travelling and embedded policy (Ozga 2005) and of communities of practice (Wenger 1998, Lave & Wenger 1991 inform the analysis.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.