23 SES 13 A, What Kind Of Curriculum Agendas Are Being Carried In Today’s Global Curriculum Movements?
The curriculum field is currently experiencing a process of internationalization. Transnational spaces have been created, where academics from different places seek to participate in the refitting and decentralizing of their own knowledge traditions, and to negotiate a reciprocal trust indispensable for collective work. The internationalization of a field that is so deeply affected by distinct national cultures has demanded new languages and new audiences which can create new narratives. This paper will focus on this internationalization process, as it has been stimulated and promoted by some influential international scholars in international journals and events. I will argue that the concepts of cosmopolitanism and hybridization can be helpful in analyzing the ongoing process and will suggest that in order for the internationalization process to promote freedom, education and development for all, some care must be taken to understand the logic and intention of choices in selecting and rejecting themes to be given priority. Finally I argue that it is necessary to analyze the power relations involved in the efforts towards either homogenization or diversity. In other words, it is necessary to understand the relations that are proposed between the global and the local arena.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.