02 SES 09 A, Analysing Instances of Learning and Changes of Working and Learning Culture in Construction Sector
The workshop is organised as a part of the empirical research that is carried out for the EU FP7 project Learning Layers (LL). The project has the task to analyse tho role of ICT- and Web-support for informal workplace learning in two occupational clusters (healthcare and construction cluster). Alongside the research tasks that focus on workplace learning the project has developmental tasks that cover system solutions, software solutions, scaffolding and piloting. Based upon the pilot experiences the project shall develop approaches for wider user-engagement and scaling up of the pilot activities.
In the first phase ITB (as coordinator of the activities focusing on the construction cluster) has carried out a series of interviews in different areas of construction work (including training centres and multiplier organisations for particular areas of expertise). In the next phase some parts of the interview material has been used as a basis for 'user stories' to illustrate such episodes in work and learning that can be supported by ICT and web technologies. These draft stories have been worked into visualisations that have been used in participative workshops involving researchers, technical partners and users from construction sector. The preliminary conclusions are taken further in a Design Conference that involves both clusters (construction and health care).
In the next phase ITB and Pontydysgu offer participants of ECER an opportunity to join in as visitors to explore the (anonymised) interview materials and to work with the analyses. The aim of this research workshop is:
- To identify instances of learning and professional development from the interview material that mainly focuses on (potential) use of ICT and web to optimise work processes in construction sector.
- To identify indications of change in working and learning culture (in particular regarding the growth ICT-and web-related competences and regarding the capability to influence others' use of ICT and web).
- To specify the potential role of formal and informal learning in promoting innovations in construction sector in different European countries.
This phase of work in the LL project paves the way for more focused participative design-oriented workshops that explore the prospects for system solutions, software solutions, scaffolding concepts and specific web applications. Parallel to this, other workshops will provide insights into supporting domain-specific learning processes with appropriate learning arrangements.
The workshop is supported by research papers (independent paper proposals) that prepare the conceptual ground. As specific reference for this workshop see Bernhard, A. (2006). “Simplify your life! Die Infantilisierung der gesellschaftlichen Lernräume und die Vermüllung des Bewusstseins als neue pädagogische Herausforderungen”. In: Jahrbuch der Pädagogik. Schwerpunktheft „Infantilisierung des Lernens? Neue Lernkulturen – ein Streitfall“, S. 59-74.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.