Annual Report 2011, Berlin
This year Network 25 offered a Research Ethics Workshop at the Emerging
This year saw the largest number of papers submitted to the network to date.
Sessions this year were around the following themes:
- Children’s Rights in Pre‐School, Early Childhood and Out of School Contexts
- Beyond Rhetoric: Making Children’s Participation ‘Real’ in the theory and
- Practice of Educational Research
- Inclusive Pedagogies and Children’s Rights
- Contextual Studies
- Participation and Self‐Expression
- Children’s Rights in the Classroom
- Problematising Concepts and Categories
- Citizenship: Views, Acts and Contestations
- Children’s Rights, Wellbeing and Protection
- Combating Poverty and Social Exclusion in Urban Contexts (joint symposium with Networks 5, 23, 25)
Two posters were submitted this year.
Fifteen people attended the Network Meeting and discussion centred around an
evaluation of this year’s conference, preparations for next year including
proposals for joint symposia with other networks. We also discussed a number
of options for taking forward our commitment to publication, as it is our
intention to make this a regular aspect of the network’s work.
Solveig Hagglund has decided to step down as Network Co‐Convenor – having
taken on the role of Link Convenor in 2006 and then Co‐Convenor in 2010.
Gratitude for her outstanding support over the years was expressed. Her
successor as Co‐Convenor is Ann Quennerstedt, who was welcomed to her new