In all European educational systems there is a growing focus on exactly this aspect of education: Management and Leadership. In some respects this interest seems to be formed in very similar ways from one nation to the other. The growing interest in researching leadership of educational institutions and systems therefore need to have a forum for discussing, sharing and developing this research on a transnational basis. No other association gives us this opportunity within the European frames.
This network is presenting, discussing and producing research into multiple aspects of educational leadership. Some of the themes we want to explore and develop are
- Theories on leadership in educational institutions (e.g. transformational, instructional leadership)
- Rationales for educational leadership (e.g. educational, organizational, political)
- Relations in educational leadership (e.g. hierarchical, distributed, shared, democratic)
- Research strategies and methodology in educational leadership research
- Contexts for educational leadership (e.g. institutional, societal, cultural, political)
- Professional development, attraction and retainment of educational leaders
- Relations to stakeholders (e.g. parents, policy makers)
- Development of democratic forms of educational leadership
- Research into leadership in schools in challenging circumstances.
Pierre Tulowitzki, Ludwigsburg University of Education, is the link convenor for network 26. You can find more information about the convenors under tasks of conveners.