Annual Report 2016, Dublin
The conference was well represented by many srong presentations. Once a number of abstracts had been rejected there were 77 paper presentations, 4 posters, 6 seminars and one round table. Sessions were grouped around themes such as:
- Inclusive classrooms, inclusive pedagogy and transition;
- Dialogue, communication and structural social relationships;
- Coaching, professional development and inclusive education;
- Social stratification and inclusion.
The seminars were on topics such as:
- Leading schools towards inclusion in different European countries;
- Education for Refugees;
- The Refugee and Migrant Challenge for education and educational research.
The seminar on refugees was held joint with Network 20 (Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environment). This work led from discussions in Budapest the previous year when there were many many refugees going though Killeti Station to Austria and Germany, as part of our response to this situation.
A meal out for the network a social eventing was held on the Wednesday of the conference in the centre of Dublin attended by over 60 people! This was a very successful social event.