The support of the Helsinki Local Organizing Committee and the EERA office was central to the success of the ECER 2010 Pre-Conference which involved over 250 participants.
The program was as follows:
This year, the Pre-Conference had:
- 2 invited lectures
- 1 invited workshop “what do examiners look for in Doctoral theses / dissertations?”
- Methodology Panel
- 4 methodology workshops run by other networks
- 53 parallel paper sessions
- 8 posters (organised as interactive poster sessions within the parallel sessions)
We have received 38 Return Slips (from a possible 52) meaning that 73% of the sessions have been assessed. We currently have 41 online evaluations from participants.
The ERG business meeting attracted approximately 40 delegates including some from the main networks who had run methodology workshops. The meeting generated a number of innovative ideas for development of the network.
- Increase the ‘deposit’ to 50 Euro at registration which, in the event of ‘no-shows’ would be diverted to the Scholarship fund. This could be refunded via lunch vouchers (as happened this year) and a Berlin travel card.
- Writing for publication workshop
- Best ‘post-conference’ paper award (including at least 2 national perspectives)
- Network workshops / collaborative writing sessions
- 4 papers per session
More innovative use of virtual spaces for collaborative writing and academic networking.