EERA Council has agreed to financially sponsor activities initiated by Networks.
Current Call Deadline: 05 March 2020.
Rationale of Network Projects
The application for network projects should
- outline how the project will operate to further European Educational Research in accordance with EERA’s objectives.
- define how the project will contribute, support and develop a Network’s
- initiatives and/or objectives.
- benefit wider European audiences (expected impacts)
The rationale for the application should be pragmatic with an indicator of the timeframe in which the project should be completed.
Initiator - EERA Network (endorsed by the Link Convenor)
Diversity - All applications should normally demonstrate how at least three European countries participate.
Capacity building - All applications should address the issue of capacity building (Next generation of emerging researchers and researchers in low GDP countries)
Partnerships - EERA encourages finding partners and co-funding.
Administration - All administration of the project is to be taken care of by the applicant. The EERA Office will not be in a position to provide administrative support for this activity but will be able to offer advice on procedural issues.
Budget - A maximum sum per project is 5000 Euros.
- Rent of venue and rooms
- Where requests are made for travel and subsistence they must demonstrate how they relate to the application outputs.
- A small honorarium for specific administration costs related directly to the project.
EERA does not cover
- Activities which involve the transfer of money to publishing houses
- Personal/institutional research time
It is recommended to consult Networks’ Representative on Council (petra.grell(at)eera.eu) for initial feedback before submitting an application.
You can see examples of funded network projects here. (Examples)
All applications should be submitted on the following pro forma.
- An application has the endorsement of the Network Link Convenor.
- The funded activity benefits both the Network and EERA.
- An application has addressed the issue of capacity building (Next generation of emerging researchers and researchers in LOW GDP countries).
- An application demonstrates how at least three European countries participate.
- An application is specific in terms of outputs.
- An Application demonstrates how it benefits wider European audiences (not just a small group of academics).
- An application has a detailed and transparent budget (including contribution from partners, if applicable).
- Each Network will normally only have funding for one application every other year.
- The same project will (normally) not be funded more than one time.
EERA Officers will examine applications ensuring that all requests are within budget.
Reviewing of the application
1. EERA Executive Group reviews an application
a. If the application does not have potential and/or fit to the scope of funding EERA Executive Group rejects it.
b. If the application has potential and fit to the scope of funding EERA Executive Group gives feedback to further develop the application and asks for a resubmission (if needed).
2. Once all the criteria are met EERA Executive Group accepts the application (typically an application is discussed in two executive meetings)
3. Accepted application is endorsed by the EERA Council.