The Initiative for Science in Europe and EuroScience call for an inclusive and open dialogue with the European Commission on the Horizon 2020 Interim Evaluation while identifying five areas of opportunity and concern.
- More room for collaborative basic research to address Societal Challenges
- Greater ERC independence and scope
- Greater understanding of the research & innovation dynamic
- Rely on trust for more simplification and better consultation
- Keep the focus on Horizon 2020’s initial purposes