XV International Symposium on Computers in Education
Viseu, Portugal | 13 - 15 november 2013
<link http: siie13esev.ipv.pt _self external link in new>siie13esev.ipv.pt
The 15th edition of the International Symposium on Computers in Education (SIIE) will be held in Viseu, Portugal, from 13 to 15 November 2013. The International Symposium on Computers in Education (SIIE) is an international forum for presenting, discussing and reflecting on research, development and practices in the field of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in Education.
The previous editions were held alternately between Spain and Portugal, providing a space for researchers, educators and institutional representatives
to exchange and debate ideas. SIIE has become a reference, particularly in the Ibero-American context.
The 15th edition of SIIE encourages the submission of original contributions in
English (preferred), Spanish or Portuguese in various areas including, but not
limited to, the following:
- Design, development and evaluation of educational software
- Interaction Design for education
- Design and standardization of educational technologies, modelling languages and metadata
- Data mining and Web mining for education
- Semantic Web in education
- Intelligent educational systems
- Personal learning environments
- Tools and Web-based educational resources
- Games and simulations in education
- Virtual laboratories
- Ubiquitous/mobile computing and education
- Robotics and education
- Free/Open Software, Open Knowledge and Open Educational Resources
- Technology, knowledge and skills management in education
- Emerging technologies in education
- Use and evaluation methodologies of ICT in educational contexts
- Innovative experiences of ICT in Teaching / Learning
- Social aspects of ICT in educational settings
- Gender, cultural diversities and specific audiences
- ICT applications for special education needs
- Teacher education and ICT
- Distance education
- Social Web, collaborative systems and learning communities.
Invited keynote speakers
Accepted papers will be published in the Symposium Proceedings (CD-ROM
with ISBN), which will be distributed to participants. Best papers presented at the Symposium will be selected, according to the Program Committee evaluation, for inclusion in other publications soon to be announced. The Organizing Committee is currently involved in negotiations to ensure the
publication of papers in reference publications.
All contributions must be sent as PDF (preferred), Doc, Docx or ODT and
follow the official ACM Proceedings Format guidelines available at
Paper contributions will be limited to 6 pages and Posters contributions to 2
All proposals must be anonymously submitted, the authors name and institution should not be included in the submitted file. These data should only be included in the submission form.
Proposals will be submitted through
15/06/2013 Submission ends
29/7/2013 Review results sent out
9/9/2013 Submission of final version of accepted proposals
1/10/2013 Deadline for registration of authors of accepted papers
13/11/2013 SIIE 2013 begins
For registrations paid until October 1, 2013 registration fee: 150 €.
For registrations paid after October 1, 2013 registration fee: 180 €.
Emerging Researchers Bursaries
SIIE 2013 has decided to offer financial support for two emerging researchers from low GDP European countries to enable their participation.
The bursary consists of free entry to the SIIE (and social events), a 300 € travel bursary and free accommodation (Students' Residence). The bursary is for PhD students and new researchers within one year of completing their PhD in order to allow them to participate in SIIE 2013 in Viseu.