- Link to Daniel's paper "Educational Organisations as ‘Cultures of Consumption’: Cultural Contexts of Consumer Learning in Schools" published by the European Educational Research Journal (EERJ).
Daniel Fischer, a student at Leuphana University of Lueneburg, has been selected as the winner of the 2010 Best Paper Award.
The winning paper, entitled 'Educational Organisations as "Cultures of Consumption"' addresses the need for the promotion of environmentally sound and socially-just consumption patterns in schools within the context of´the United Nations' World Decade on Education for Sustainable Development.
Daniel Fischer will be invited to ECER 2011, where he will present at the Main Conference (in Network 8) and at the Emerging Researchers' Conference.
Due to the high quality of papers this year, the judges also selected two runners-up to the award. Both papers will be formally recognised during the presentation ceremony at ECER 2011.
- Radhika Gorur, "Policy as Assemblage: A Useful Framework?." University of Melbourne, Australia
- Andrea Bernhard, "Quality on the Road. Finland and Austria in Comparison." University of Graz, Austria
In addition, the following contributions were listed as final nominees for the 2010 Best Paper Award:
- Sara Azevedo; Antonio Mendes: "Learning in Higher Education: The Impact of Private Tutoring", University of Aveiro, Portugal.
- Daria Luchinskaya: "Organisational and Cultural Change: Implementing the Bologna Process in Russia and Ukraine", University of Oxford, United Kingdom.
- Maria Rasmusson: "It’s easier to read on the Internet – you just click on what you want to read…", Mid Sweden University, Sweden.
- Christina Wallner-Paschon: "Achievement and motivational characteristics of Waldorf school students in comparison with students of municipal schools in Austria", BIFIE (Federal Institute for Educational Research, Innovation), Austria.
- Yelena Zascerinska: "Efficiency of English for Academic Purposes Activity in Students’ Language Education: Developing the System of External and Internal Perspectives", University of Latvia, Latvia.
|Submission deadline||20 Nov 2022|
|Formative feedback given||10 Feb 2023|
|Re-Submission deadline||10 March 2023|
|Winner announced||early May 2023|