ERG SES D 07, Pedagogy and Education
Social Pedagogy as a discipline, science and professional knowledge reference, contemporaneously takes a central place in Portugal. Therefore this project is set up by three transversal operational posts that cross all this work: the disciplinary place (epistemological and anthropological); the academic place (training, investigative and scientific); the professional place (namely action, associative and institutional actions) of Social Pedagogy in Portugal.
Conceptually we rely on a paradigmatic reasoning based upon the pillars of understanding, analysis and interpretation, which allowed the formulation of the next research question:
Identify and analyze the distinctive features of disciplinary, academic and professional identity of Social Pedagogy in Portugal, with reference to the contemporary situation.
Therefore we present a job whose components of analysis and identification we understand as being capable of formulating future conceptual contributions compared to those that are the hallmarks of disciplinary, academic and professional identity of Social Pedagogy in Portugal.
At this stage we can list some of the signs that constitute elements of expression of this emergency sense of Social Pedagogy in Portugal:
- Output into the professional market of the first graduates with Degree in Social Education (Portucalense University, 2000);
- The launch in 2004 of the first Portuguese reference work on this subject area of study (Carvalho, A., & Baptista, I. (2004) Social Education: Foundations Strategic Port:.. Porto Editora);
- The increase of professions such as Social Education and Socio-cultural Animation that have Social Pedagogy how theirs matrix of reference and knowledge;
- The first periodical publication of a scientific journal in 2007 by the Catholic University Porto (Notebooks of Social Pedagogy 1, 2007 ISBN: 16467280);
- The creation and establishment of the Degree in Social Pedagogy, year 2012-2013, by the Faculty of Education and Psychology at Catholic University Porto.
All these signals act as communicators and contemporary elements of this emerging research theme, pointing to the Social Pedagogy as a "time", "space" and "moment" of the outbreak of a science and a knowledge that should be recorded, analyzed and identified by the universe of scientific research, in this case, the science and knowledge of Social Pedagogy.
In this sense this research team is developing a study of identification, analysis, survey and collection of documentary information which will be the core of this empirical research, listing the following principal goals and specific objectives:
1. Identify and analyze the distinctive features of the disciplinary identity of Social Pedagogy in Portugal, focusing on the historical, anthropological and epistemological profile of science, i.e., how is this defined and presented in Portugal.
a) Historical Status
b) Anthropological Status
c) Epistemological Status
2. Identify and analyze the distinctive features of academic identity of Social Pedagogy in Portugal, around the training offers, publications and scientific community.
a) What are the actors and what are the institutions nationwide that have at the academic level of concern Social Pedagogy by reference.
b) What are the training opportunities (curricula plans) at higher education level and in which cycles the appearance (explicitly or implicitly) of Social Pedagogy is a fact.
c) Which communities, societies and networks of research and dissemination have the Social Pedagogy as a reference and whose are the authors they have for reference.
3. Identify and analyze the distinctive features of the professional identity of Social Pedagogy in Portugal, based on key professional groups and fields.
a) What professional groups / professions have the Social Pedagogy as explicit and implicit reference.
b) What are the associations, institutions and policy areas that have the Social Pedagogy by reference.
c) What are the figures of reference to groups, institutions and professional associations of Social Pedagogy in Portugal.
• Baptista, I., (2009). Educabilidade e laço social – ética e política da alteridade. In Conferência Internacional - Novos Desafios Educativos e Cidadania Social, Porto, Portugal, 16-17 Abril. Revista Portuguesa de Investigação Educacional. Nº Especial- Actas da Conferência (pp. 15-29). Porto: UCP Editora. • Baptista, I. (2012). Ética e Educação Social. Revista Interuniversitaria, 19 (3). (pp. 37-50). Sevilla: Calamar Edición & Diseño. • Bogdan, R., & Biklen, S., (1994). Investigação qualitativa em educação. Uma introdução à teoria e aos métodos. Porto: Porto Editora. • Cabanas, J. M. Q., (1988). Pedagogia Social. Madrid: DYKINSON. • Carreras, J. S., & Molina, J. G., (2006). Pedagogia Social, Pensar la Educación Social como profesión. Madrid: Allianza Editorial. • Carvalho, A. D., (1988). Epistemologia das Ciências da Educação. Porto: Edições Afrontamento. • Carvalho, A. D., & Baptista, I., (2004). Educação Social: Fundamentos Estratégicos. Porto: Porto Editora. • Denzin, N. K. & Lincoln, Y. S. (1994). Introduction. In Denzin, N. K. & Lincoln, Y. S. (Eds.) (1994). Handbook of Qualitative Research. (1ªed.) (pp. 1-17). London: Sage Publications. • Lopes, M. S., (2006). A Animação Sociocultural em Portugal. Amarante: Gráfica do Norte. • Lopes, M. S. (2011). A Hermenêutica como paradigma metodológico do conhecimento e da Animação Sociocultural. In Lopes, M. S., Metodologias de Investigação em Animação Sociocultural. (pp.243-256). Chaves: INTERVENÇÃO. • Petrus, A., (1997). Pedagogía Social. Barcelona: Editorial Ariel. • Santos, B. S., (2001). Um Discurso sobre as Ciências. Coleção Histórias e Ideias, 1. Porto: Edições Afrontamento. • Santos, B. S., (1993). Uma Introdução a uma ciência pós-moderna. Coleção Biblioteca das Ciências do Homem, Sociologia, Epistemologia, 10. Porto: Edições Afrontamento. • Serrano, G. P., (1994). Investigación Cualitativa. Retos e Interrogantes. II Técnicas y Análisis de Datos. Madrid: Editorial La Muralla. • Silva, R., (2009). A Pedagogia Social em construção no Brasil. In Conferência Internacional - Novos Desafios Educativos e Cidadania Social, Porto, Portugal, 16-17 Abril. Revista Portuguesa de Investigação Educacional. Nº Especial- Actas da Conferência (pp. 141-162). Porto: UCP Editora. • Schwandt, T. A., (2006). Três posturas epistemológicas para a investigação qualitativa: intrepretativismo, hermenêutica e construcionismo social. In Denzin, N. K. & Lincoln, Y. S., O planejamento da pesquisa qualitativa: teorias e abordagens. (S. Regina, Trad.). (pp. 193-217). Porto Alegre: Artmed (Obra original publicada em 2003).
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.