ERG SES H 10, ICT and Education
A story of social spaces for learning through the process of video making.
My doctoral research, titled “Building Knowledge Spaces through Artistic Research Practices”, aims for tracing, identifying and analyzing the social spaces (Lefebvre, 1991; de Cerateau, 1999) that contemporary artistic practices construct. Based on approaches to the pedagogical of Ellsworth (2005) and Hernandez (2008; 2014) I sustain the pedagogical to be a social learning relation that can happen away form scholar or academic environments. In this case contemporary artistic practices such as the project “La Síndrome de Sherwood” form the artist Núria Güell and the curator Oriol Fontdevilla helped me contextualize these pedagogical relations to tauten knowledge production through art.
My proposal for ECER contribution will focus in one part of my doctoral research where I had used drawing, installation and video as artistic tools to converse with Núria and Oriol about the knowledge they had produced through their own practices. At the same time that Núria and Oriol are tracing and narrating their own experience, we, Núria, Oriol and I are creating together another space out of new pedagogical relations. The process of the video making (setting, installation, performance, drawing, editing, presentation) narrates through visual and artistic means the embodied and situated creation of thoughts. (Arlander, 2013)
Knowledge production in contemporary artistic practices is valued to be the mandatory condition that Artistic Research demands. As this field has been precautious in not fixing artistic inquiry into a model or defined method, Slager will prevent of speaking from a general and universal perspective and will enforce to talk in a sensible way from the practice of a concrete project (2012). In my project together with Núria and Oriol, we traced and document in a meaningful way the spaces that result form our learning through the practice of art. The narration of this process is collected in the written story of my dissertation, and in the video itself.
- Annette Arlander, (interview) November 13, 2013 Kuvataideakatemia, Helsinki - Benjamin, Walter (2003) La obra de arte en la era de la reproductibilidad técnica. México: Ítaca. - Borgdorff, Henk (2011) “The Production of Knowledge in Artistic Research" in Michael Biggs & Henrik Karlsson (eds.) The Routledge Companion to Research in the Arts, Routledge, 44-63. - Bourriaud, Nicolas (2009) Postroducción. Buenos Aires: Adriana Hidalgo Editora - Caduff, Corina; Tan Wälchli.(ed. ) (2010) Art and Artistic Research. - Calderón, Natalia (2010) “Intimate Imprints on Public Space” en Slager, Henk (ed.) MaHKUzine #8. Jorurnal of Artistic Research. Epistemic Encounters. Utrecht: Utrecht School of the Arts. - Certeau, Michel de (2000) La invención de lo cotidiano. México: Universidad Iberoamericana. - Dombois, Florian et al (Ed.) (2012) Intellectual Birdhouse. Art Practice as Research. London: Koening Books - Deleuze, Gilles & Félix Guattari (2003) Rizoma (Introducción) Valencia: Pre-textos. - Ellsworth, Elizabeth (2005) Places of learning: media, architecture, pedagogy. New York and London: Routledge - Elkins, James (ed.) (2009) Artists with PhDs. On the new Doctoral Degree in Studio Art. Washington, DC: New Academia Publishing - Gergen, Kenneth J. & Mary Gergen (2011) Reflexiones sobre la construcción social. Madrid: Paidós - Hernández, Fernando (2006) “Campos, temas y metodologías para la investigación relacionada con las artes” en Bases para un debate sobre investigación artística. Madrid: Ministerio de educación y ciencia. (2014) “As pedagogias de cultura visual: Fazendo diferença na arte/educação” In: Duarte Pillotto, Silvia Sell; Ribas Diefenthaler Bohn, Letícia (eds.). Arte/educação: ensinar e aprender no ensino básico. Joinville, Brasil: editora Univille - Lefebvre, Henri (1991) The Production of Space. London: Blackwell Publishers - Pink, Sarah (2001) Doing Visual Ethnography. London: Sage - Kwon, Miwon (2002) One Place After Another: Site –Specific Art and Location Identity. Massachusetts: MIT Press - Slager, Henk. (2012) The Pleasure of Research. Helsinki: Finnish Academy of Fine Arts
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.