01 SES 12 A, Advanced Professional Education for Teachers in Europe: The Organization Of Masters and Doctorate Programs and Teachers’ Perspectives on Their Impact on Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
In many German states there is a multi-level teacher education: undergraduate, master and clerkship. The Master of Education integrates an internship, accompanied by university, clerkship and school teachers. It focuses on inquiry-based learning, while students must also develop teaching projects. All this requires: a high level of coordination between all the participants; a consecutive development of skills; and the development of mutual trust. For teachers of the subject Social Science there are distinctive challenges given (a) the different understandings of such a subject with up to three reference disciplines (b) its divergent curricular anchorage and (c) the high proportion of non-specialist teaching. Our research project analyses the development of ideas, attitudes, objectives and assessments, within the education and training of Social Science teachers. It analyses the attitudes of current student teachers and the reflections of experienced teachers to critically consider the stages of teachers' professional development, the assessment of their competence during internship, and the restrictive and promoting conditions within the training institutions involved.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.