ERG SES D 10, Teachers and Education
The schools accepted as educational organizations are expected to perform their aims and functions. The teachers have important roles in performing these expectations successfully (Balcı, 2000). Therefore, it is important that the teachers as vital workers in the schools (Başaran, 2000) are happy in their schools, have occupational satisfaction and the sense of belonging.
Organizational alienation, can be defined that the people working in the school, the students and even their parents take a dislike to their responsibilities in the general perspective of the education system (Erjem, 2005). With respect to the teachers, organizational alienation can be described as their taking a dislike to their occupations, not performing their occupational responsibilities and alienating their occupation and environment. Therefore, it affects negatively teachers’ effectiveness in the process of teaching and learning.
The behaviors of the school managers as the outer effect, may cause that the teachers do not like their occupations and alienate their occupations. Hence, it is important how the school managers behave the teachers. Johnson (2008; akt. Ekinci, 2010) stated that moral values are the most important determiner affecting teacher quality. The behaviors of the school managers having the quality of leadership have common effect on the teachers. With the aim of the schools’ reaching their aims, the school managers are expected to behave with moral perspective to themselves and the teachers.
According to Çelik (2007), moral education is imporatnt in educating good people and citizens. The school managers are expected to determine and manage the teachers alienation in performing their responsibilities. They should remove the negative effects of alienation and develop early warning system against alienation, strategies and programs to handle with and create activities to analyze the factors forming alienation (Şimşek, Çelik, Akgemci ve Fettahlıoğlu, 2006). In this respect, the purpose of the curent study was to determine the relation ship between the levels of teachers’ organizational alienation and the school managers’ moral behaviors. Hence, the following questions were answered:
- What was the level of the teachers’ organizational alienation?
- What was the level of the school managers’ performing moral behaviors?
- Was there statistically significant difference betwween the level of the teachers’ organizational alienation and the level of the school managers’ performing moral behaviors with respect gender, marital status, education level, experienced year, subject area, type of school, the working year in the school that they work, settlement, the place having the sense of belonging?
Balay, R. (2011). Moral erdemler ölçeğinin yükseköğretimde uygulanabilirliği. Eğitim Bilimleri Araştırmaları Dergisi, 1(2), 99-118. Balcı, A. (2001). Etkili okul ve okul geliştirme: Kuram uygulama ve araştırma. Ankara: Pegem A Yayıncılık. Başaran, İ. E. (2000). Eğitim yönetimi: Nitelikli okul. Ankara: Feryal Matbaası. Çelik, V. (2007). Karakterin ölümü ve moral liderlik. Eğitime Bakış, 8, 40-42. Ekinci, A. (2010). Aday öğretmenlerin iş başında yetiştirilmesinde okul müdürlerinin rolü. Dicle Üniversitesi Ziya Gökalp Eğitim Fakültesi Dergisi, 15, 63-77. Erjem, Y. (2005). Eğitimde yabancılaşma olgusu ve öğretmen: Lise öğretmenleri üzerine sosyolojik bir araştırma. Türk Eğitim Bilimleri Dergisi, 3(4), 395-417. Eryılmaz, A. (2010). Lise öğretmenlerinin örgütsel yabancılaşma düzeyi. Hacettepe Üniversitesi: Yayımlanmamış yüksek lisans tezi. Pehlivan, G. (2006). CHAID Analizi ve bir uygulama. Yıldız Teknik Üniversitesi: Yayımlanmamış yüksek lisans tezi. Şimşek, M., Çelik, A., Akgemci, T. ve Fettahlıoğlu, T. (2006). Örgütlerde yabancılaşmanın yönetimi araştırması. Selçuk Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Dergisi, (15), 569-587.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.