04 SES 05 A, Inclusive Pedagogy
CSIE has created, in collaboration with primary and secondary schools in England, a practical and user-friendly guide to help schools address equality holistically. “Equality: Making It Happen” has succinct and accessible reference cards, covering all equality strands and aspects of everyday school life, which offer: key information; practical advice and suggested activities; examples of good practice; equality monitoring tools; and sources of further information and support. The new guide can help schools address prejudice and reduce bullying. Materials can be used for teaching and learning activities, assemblies, peer mentoring, school council, curriculum review, staff training and whole school development.
“Equality: Making It Happen” has been sponsored by teachers’ union NASUWT and has attracted overwhelmingly positive feedback, for example: “an absolutely amazing resource that is easy to use and extremely well designed” and “this should be part of every teacher’s toolkit”. The guide has been shortlisted for the European Zero Project award (working for a world with zero barriers) and will be presented at the Zero Project Conference in Vienna in February 2016.
CSIE staff and associates (2016) Equality: Making It Happen; A guide to help schools ensure everyone is safe, included and learning (Bristol: Centre for Studies on Inclusive Education - CSIE)
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.