32 SES 04.5 PS, General Poster Session
General Poster Session
This study aimed to investigate the moderating effect of academic achievement goal on the relationship between autonomy support and learning engagement. Specifically, the purpose of this study comprises:
- To investigate the relationship between students' autonomy support and learning engagement.
- To explore how academic achievement goal affect students' autonomy support.
- To explore how academic achievement goal affect students' learning engagement.
- To explore the correlation of academic achievement goal on the relationship between autonomy support and learning engagement.
- To explore moderating effect of academic achievement goal between autonomy support and learning engagement.
Based on the above research motivation and purpose of the present study was to investigate the following questions:
- Is there any relationship between high school students’ perception of autonomy support and learning engagement?
- Is there any relationship between high school students’ academic achievement goal and learning engagement?
- Is academic achievement goal a moderating variable among autonomy support (included autonomous motivation and perceived autonomy support) and learning engagement?
Csizér, K., & Dörnyei, Z. (2005). The internal structure of language learning motivation and its relationship with language choice and learning effort. The Modern Language Journal, 89(1), 19-36. Elliot, A. J., Murayama, K., & Pekrun, R. (2011). A 3 x 2 achievement goal model. Journal of Educational Psychology, 103(3), 632-648. Fredericks, J.A., Blumenfeld, P., Friedel, J., & Paris, A. (2005). School engagement. In K.A. Moore & L. Lippman (Eds.), What do children need to flourish?: Conceptualizing and measuring indicators of positive development. New York, NY: Springer Science and Business Media. Reeve, J., & Tseng, C.-M. (2011). Agency as a fourth aspect of students’ engagement during learning activities. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 36, 257-267. Shih, S. S.(2008). An Examination of the Relations of Junior High School Students’ Perceived Autonomy Support to Their Achievement-Relevant Processes. Journal of Education & Psychology, 31(2), 1-26. Williams, G. C., & Deci, E. L. (1996). Internalization of biopsychosocial values by medical students: A test of self-determination theory. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 70, 767-779.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.