06 SES 12, Technology Framing Curriculum and Learning: Robotics, moocs, self-tracking
Information technology in the last decade have become an integral part of the learning process and become almost a daily element of the adjustable-term activities in schools and universities. A new stage of development of information tech-nologies in education is, in our opinion, the development of training courses related to robotics and other programmed mechanisms. Those who today are trained IT professions already accounts for more and more likely to use them, programmated, but someone and create. As a result, many training courses were supplemented by significant unit, associated with the multidisciplinary focus of mechatronics. First of all, electronics, mechanics, Remote Control, physics, computer science. These disciplines are very tightly integrated with each other as part of the interdisciplinary interaction.
Minsk Branch of the Plekhanov Russian Economic University provided an opportunity for students to study courses related to the development and programming of robots. In 2016, this project was extended to course for primary school.
Development of this trend is promising in the educational and scientific-sphere. Improvement of robotic systems is one of the fastest growing research areas, the investment in which, according to the report Strategyr analytical agency, estimated at $ 10.6 billion. US dollars in 2020. Serious research conducted in the development of robotic assistants and complexity of algorithms of their operation on the basis of IP-artificially intelligence.
According to the analytical agency Technavio, the market robots that are used for educational purposes, from 2016 to 2020 will grow by more than 20%. At the same time, 47% of investments made in the United States in the direction of the development of training systems for primary and secondary schools. Other major investors in this are South Korea, Japan and China.
Posted Agency report "in 2016. The global market for educational robots - 2020" identifies three main types of educational robots that are strongly developed, both manufacturers and users of devices (universities, schools):
- Reconfigurable robots - systems expandable for specific educational tasks, including tasks under the "internet-of-things";
- Wheeled robots;
- Humanoid robots - robots that mimic the movement of the system and the action-tion of human (including robot manipulators).
The market overview prepared by the company Technavio, the largest market share of robotic systems for educational purposes are:
With these sets, the Russian market occupy a considerable share of the system, based on Chinese designs and analogues microcontrollers Ar-duino. First of all, this is due to their low cost: the base model wheeled robot could cost 1,500 rubles, thus include those sensors that access HN in extended versions of "brand" designers: there are several dozen species, more than 300 variants. Available solutions for programming based on Scratch (S4A), extensions to AdruBlocks visual programming allows you to simply integrate these educational kits in the educational process. The volume of the market is difficult to assess, but if the statistics to evaluate the orders of such devices in the popular online stores, it is possible to conclude that tens of thousands of units purchased.
In addition to equipment, important components of the training courses is the educational code and materials of practical lessons, experiments and laboratory work. As a rule, all developers provide a minimum set on the basis of which the training can be carried out. In addition, there are many online communities, video, open Internet resources where you can get advice and access to educational and methodological developments. However, the construction of a logically structured course their is the task of the teacher taking into account the peculiarities of students (age, knowledge in the field of electronics, learning objectives, etc.).
1. Service Robotics - A Global Strategic Business Report // www.strategyr.com/Service_Robotics_A_Global_Strategic_Business_Report.asp 2. Global Educational Robots Market 2016-2020 http://www.technavio.com/report/global-robotics-educational-robots-market 3. 4. Omelchenko EY, Tanic VO, Maklakov AS, Karjakin EA Short on-set and perspectives of the microprocessor Arduino platform // Electrotech-cal systems and complexes, №21, 2013, p. 28-33 5. Marshals OV Ziyazov VK Hismatullin JO Experience of using Arduino in the educational process in the direction of preparation 09.03.04 "Software engineers have in-» // Universum: Technical Science, №7, 2015, p. 5 6. AV Spirin, A. Ilchuk, Ivkina LM Development of engineering-Peremyshl of high school students using a microcontroller Arduino Uno // in coll. Prospects and challenges of the information society, Krasnoyarsk, 2015, pp. 127-130 Chirkin 7. YA Using Arduino microcontroller in the implementation of gaming technology in the introduction of the GEF in the Company // sb. Computer science: problems, methodology, technology, Voronezh, 2015, p. 822-824 8. VV Grachev Development of electronic educational resources for the study-cheniya platform Arduino // Educational Robotics: state, problems and prospects-lane, Novosibirsk, 2016, p. 23-27 9. VV Grachev Arduino: a new stage in the development of robotics // way-tion, technology. Service №1, 2015, p. 151-153 10. Maguerite G. Lodico, Dean T. Spaulding, and Katherine H. Voegtle Methods in Educational Research: From Theory to Practice. 2010, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.