10 SES 07 C, Enhancing the Quality of Teacher Education
The aim of the paper is to problemise and discuss the impact of social partnership to educational studies in the settings of teacher training institutions.
The research question: how social partnership can improve the quality of educational studies?
Thus the expression of the social partnership during the educational studies at the level of teacher training program is reviewed.
Major objectives of the research:
1). to review the literature on understanding of main concepts of "social partnership" and "quality of educational studies”;
2) to examine how the social partnership can improve the quality of educational studies/teacher education.
Theoretical framework used in the research:
Social networking theory (Castells, 2004) helped us to develop the main ideas for reasoning social partnership as a main actor in building social relations between teacher training setting and social institutions. Determination of “social partnership” and “quality of educational studies” were drawn from different sources including EU documentation on regulation of higher education institution (Communication from the Commission to the European Parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the Regions European higher education in the world. 2013; Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG). 2015; Recommendation of the European Parliament and of the Council. 2006).
1. A new start for Social Dialogue (29/08/2016) https://goo.gl/CXQnmg 2. Castells.M. (2001). The Rise of the Networking Society. Second ed. Blackwell Publishers. 3. Cohen, L., Manion, L., Morrison, K. (2012). Research Methods in Education.London, NewYork: Routledge, Taylor and Francies Group. 4. Hargreaves, D. H. (1996). Teaching as a research Based Profession: Possibilities and Prospects. London: Teacher Training Academy. 5. High Level Group on the Modernization of Higher Education. Report to the European Commission on improving the quality of teaching and learning in Europe's higher education institutions. 2013. 6. Loughran, J., Hamilton, M., L. (2016). Ed. International Handbook of Teacher Education. Volume 2. Springer 7.Waring, M, Evans C., (2015). Understanding Pedagogy. Routledge. Taylor Frances Group. London and New York.
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.