Network: 08. Research on Health Education
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 13:15-14:45, Room: K3.24, Chair: Venka Simovska
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 15:15-16:45, Room: K3.24, Chair: Carole Faucher
- Teachers’ Occupational Health
- Teachers’ Views On Mental Health Among Primary And Lower Secondary School Pupils In Finland
Margarita Pino-Juste Clara Portela-Pino
Marjorita Sormunen Hannele Turunen Outi Turunen Kirsi Bykachev Jussi Karppi Kirsti Kumpulainen
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.24, Chair: Didier Jourdan
- Social and emotional wellbeing at school: Do health education practices matter?
- Contemporary Approaches to Student Wellbeing in Danish and Australian Schools: physical activity and social skilling approaches to promoting student wellbeing.
Maria Teresa Machado Vilaça
Sue Whatman Søren Smedegaard Katherine Main Wayne Usher
08 SES 03 B, Methods to Study Mindful Awareness and Participation in Education - Methodological Challenges and Opportunities
Tuesday, 2017-08-22, 17:15-18:45, Room: K6.07, Chair: Anne Maj Nielsen
- Methods to study Mindful Awareness and Participation in Education - Methodological Challenges and Opportunities
Anne Maj Nielsen Lone Svinth Christian Gaden Jensen Freja Filine Petersen
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.24, Chair: Line Anne Roien
- Education outside the classroom as an ‘add-in’, holistic school-based health promotion initiative: the TEACHOUT study
- Effects of a one year Education Outside the Classroom intervention on pupils' motivation for school and the connection to academic learning
- Learning Processes In Outdoor Education
Peter Bentsen Mads Bølling Camilla Roed Otte Glen Nielsen Mikkel Bo Schneller Erik Mygind
Camilla Roed Otte Mads Bølling Peter Bentsen Glen Nielsen
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.24, Chair: Deana Leahy
- What is the Purpose of Wellbeing in Education?
- The Active City: a Children Perspective
- Shades of the (Post)Critical: Perspectives on Critique within Recent Research on Health and Wellbeing Education
Antonio Borgogni Monia Arduini
Nis Langer Primdahl Alan Reid Venka Simovska
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.24, Chair: Maria Teresa Machado Vilaça
Wednesday, 2017-08-23, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.24, Chair: Carole Faucher
- An Interdisciplinary Human Development Approach to Wellbeing: Orientation and Dialogical Self-evaluation within School and Curricular Contexts.
- Cultural wellbeing In Education: Theorisations From A Case Study Of A Tasmanian Cultural Arts Program
- Social and emotional learning schemes as tools of cultural imperialism: A manifestation of the international child well-being agenda?
- The Effects of Parental Supportiveness and Psychological Control on Relational Self and Well-Being: A Cluster Analyzing Model
Maeve O'Brien Andrew O'Shea
Ercan Kocayörük Bekir Çelik
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.24, Chair: Didier Jourdan
- Can Conceptualisations Of School Life Developed By European Children Be Adapted To Children In African Settings?
- Enhancing the Efficacy of Health Education Interventions: Moving the Spotlight from Implementation Fidelity to Quality of the Implementation Process
- Playing with Policy and Physical Health Agendas: Reforming Early Childhood Education?
Yetunde John-Akinola Saoirse NicGabhainn
Emily Darlington Patricia Mannix McNamara Didier Jourdan
Kirsten Petrie Jeanette Clarkin-Phillips Joseph Smith
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 12:00-13:00, Room: K3.24, Chair: Venka Simovska
- Network Meeting
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.24, Chair: Hannele Turunen
- Get to the Start Line: An innovative programme designed to address adolescents’ school-related stress and anxiety
- Investigating the Potential of Drama Education to Improve Emotional Self-Regulation and Mental Health in Secondary School Pupils with Autism Spectrum Condition.
Lorraine Cale Jo Harris Oliver Hooper
Jackie Ravet Justin Williams
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.24, Chair: Monica Carlsson
- Primary school children`s understanding of health, literacy and health communication: A qualitative health literacy study
- Pupil’s Development of Food- and Health Related Action Competence In Integrated School Foodscapes.
- The association between teacher academic support and health literacy among 13- and 15-year olds: Finnish HBSC-study
- Is eHealth literacy and healthy behaviour hindered by the generation gap?
Orkan Okan Torsten Michael Bollweg Janine Bröder Dirk Bruland Ullrich Bauer Paulo Pinheiro
Dorte Ruge Rikke Vingaard Thrane
Leena Paakkari Raili Välimaa Olli Paakkari Jari Villberg Jorma Tynjälä Kristiina Ojala
Thursday, 2017-08-24, 17:15-18:45, Room: K3.23, Chair: Rachel Sandford
- How Is Health Understood And Taught In Physical Education - A Literature Review Of Existing Literature
- Raising The Stakes: Exploring The Relationship Between Policy and Practice in Health Education
- Running for success: A case study of an exercise initiative on health and 'readiness to learn' in two primary schools.
Hanne H. Mong Øyvind F. Standal
Estelle Damant Lorraine Cale John Evans
Friday, 2017-08-25, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.24, Chair: Catriona O'Toole
- Implementation of a Health Promotion Programme: A 10 Year Retrospective Study
- Methodological Lessons From Research with U5s
- Teachers’ Perception and Understanding of Integrating Physical Activity and Movement in the Classroom with Secondary School Students.
Emily Darlington Carine Simar Didier Jourdan
Henrik Taarsted Jørgensen
Friday, 2017-08-25, 09:00-10:30, Room: K3.23, Chair: Rachel Sandford
- Lost in Translation? Proposing a Model of Values Literacy for Physical Education
- Teacher And Schoolchildren Affected By Parental Mental Disorders. Teachers Mental Health Promotion Abilities and Possibilities In Everyday Schoollife.
- Developing Digital Wellbeing for Teachers and Pupils: A Design Thinking Approach
Fiona Chambers Rachel Sandford
Dirk Bruland Janine Broeder Orkan Okan Paulo Pinheiro Bauer Ullrich
Fiona Chambers Orla Murphy Anne Jones
Friday, 2017-08-25, 13:30-15:00, Room: K3.24, Chair: Ros McLellan
- Wellbeing and Schooling: Cross Cultural and Cross Disciplinary Perspectives
- Assessing Perceptions of Psychological Wellbeing and Health: Contrasting England and Kazakhstan
- Conducting International Collaborative Research on Students’ Wellbeing in Kazakhstani Schools: Research Strategies in Diverse Cultural Contexts
- A Reprieve but not a Fix for Childhood Stresses: A Participatory Study of School-based Mindfulness in an Irish Primary School
- Comprehensive School-based Mental Health Promotion: The German Case of MindMatters
Ros McLellan Liz Winter Carole Faucher Catriona O'Toole Kevin Dadaczynski Venka Simovska Daniel Torrano Maurice Galton Anna CohenMiller Eva Brown Hajdukova Kairat Kurakbayev Fiona O'Connor Peter Paulus
Ros McLellan Liz Winter Daniel Torrano Maurice Galton
Carole Faucher Anna CohenMiller Eva Brown Hajdukova Kairat Kurakbayev
Catriona O'Toole Fiona O'Connor
Kevin Dadaczynski Peter Paulus
Friday, 2017-08-25, 15:30-17:00, Room: K3.24, Chair: Deana Leahy
- Schooling food in contemporary times: Critical perspectives.
- School Food, Reform and the Politics of Children’s Consumption
- Should Food Education have a socially just agenda?
- Children as healthy food advocates in the family: A relational consumption approach
- When normality starts to lose its hold: Food pedagogies in teacher education
Deana Leahy Carolyn Pluim Lexi Earl Jan Wright Rosie Welch Marie Öhman JaneMaree Maher Jo Lindsay
Jan Wright Deana Leahy JaneMaree Maher Jo Lindsay
00. Central Events (Keynotes, EERA-Panel, EERJ Round Table, Invited Sessions)
Network 1. Continuing Professional Development: Learning for Individuals, Leaders, and Organisations
Network 2. Vocational Education and Training (VETNET)
Network 3. Curriculum Innovation
Network 4. Inclusive Education
Network 5. Children and Youth at Risk and Urban Education
Network 6. Open Learning: Media, Environments and Cultures
Network 7. Social Justice and Intercultural Education
Network 8. Research on Health Education
Network 9. Assessment, Evaluation, Testing and Measurement
Network 10. Teacher Education Research
Network 11. Educational Effectiveness and Quality Assurance
Network 12. LISnet - Library and Information Science Network
Network 13. Philosophy of Education
Network 14. Communities, Families and Schooling in Educational Research
Network 15. Research Partnerships in Education
Network 16. ICT in Education and Training
Network 17. Histories of Education
Network 18. Research in Sport Pedagogy
Network 19. Ethnography
Network 20. Research in Innovative Intercultural Learning Environments
Network 22. Research in Higher Education
Network 23. Policy Studies and Politics of Education
Network 24. Mathematics Education Research
Network 25. Research on Children's Rights in Education
Network 26. Educational Leadership
Network 27. Didactics – Learning and Teaching
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.