ERG SES J, Keynote: Beyond Inter-cultural Dialogue: Achieving Respectful Partnerships in International Research
In recent years opportunities for international collaboration in research have increased. Participation in European projects and others that involve the development of teams of researchers from diverse national, cultural and linguistic backgrounds have provided opportunities for both comparative research, and that which examines issues of common concern in a range of contexts. Such opportunities are to be welcomed and can provide rich engagements which lead to increased understanding and the sharing of expertise. However, there are considerations that need to be taken if international collaboration of this nature is to succeed. Drawing upon experience from a number of international collaborations, this paper will discuss the variations in research cultures, including issues of definition, underpinning paradigms and philosophies and the principles of building successful international research teams.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.