Network: 13. Philosophy of Education (Standard submissions & Long Papers)
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 13:15-14:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Paulus Julius Smeyers
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 15:15-16:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
Tuesday, 2018-09-04, 17:15-18:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Ian Munday
- Education Without Condition
- Beyond the Educational Machine: Towards a Non-representational or 'Trinary' Theory of Education
- Studying /with/in/ ruins. Speculative fabulation for university futures
Deborah Osberg Gert Biesta
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
- On Hospitality in Educational Research: Inviting Scale to the Frame
- Inquiry-based Education and the Method of Discussion. On Dewey, Post-Truth and Trump’s pragmatism
- The Un-a-voidable Void of Research: A Philosophical Intervention Into The Current Research Methodologies in Education
Samira Alirezabeigi Tyson Lewis
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.05, Chair: Lovisa Bergdahl
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
- I can’t take my eyes off of you: Visualisations and Visions of Educational Research
- The Intellectual Frame of Philosophy, Literature and Education: Defining a Practice, Mapping a Field
- A Naturalistic Approach To Knowledge In Educational Research. Basing Interpretation Of Qualitative Data On Donald Davidson's Theories Of Knowledge.
Ian Munday Ben Williamson
Liam Francis Gearon Emma Williams
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Ian Munday
- The Work of Values: A Post-Critical Pedagogical Response
- “I Should be Publishing Now”. The public dimension(s) of doctoral studying
- Teaching with Deleuze: The Politics of a Pedagogy of Interruption
Elisabet Langmann Lovisa Bergdahl
Lavinia Marin Maarten Simons
Wednesday, 2018-09-05, 17:15-18:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Patrick Geffard
- The ‘crisis’ in education: researching included and excluded subjectivities through a European Strategic Partnership.
- “Feeling At Home”: The Significance of Recollection, Everyday Life and Dreams for the Construction of Life Projects.
- Clinical Tools as Response to the Other’s Exclusion in the Field of Education and Educators’ Training: a psychoanalytically oriented approach
Mej Hilbold Caroline Pelletier
Anna Aluffi Pentini
Stefania Ulivieri Stiozzi Laurence Gavarini
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Gert Biesta
- Is There A Need For The Rediscovery Of Teaching?
- “Cunctando restituit rem”: Teaching, Grown-Up-Ness And The Impulse Society
- Affirmation, Love, And Thing-Centeredness: Towards An Immanent Ontology of Teaching
- The Craft, Practice, And Possibility Of Teaching
Gert Biesta Piotr Zamojski Bianca Thoilliez Paul Otto Brunstad Stefano Oliverio
Paul Otto Brunstad Stefano Oliverio
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 12:00-13:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Paulus Julius Smeyers
- Network Meeting - NW 13
Paulus Julius Smeyers
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Stefano Oliverio
- Moral Space and Wellbeing: A Phenomenological Exploration
- The Dark Side of the Exceptional. Including Negative Emotions toward Role Models in Moral Education.
- The State, the Nation and Political Education in Arendt
Ariele Niccoli Maria Silvia Vaccarezza
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.05, Chair: Lovisa Bergdahl
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Stefano Oliverio
- Power Politics and Social Justice – notion of Political (In)Justice for Democratic Education
- Profanation and Biopolitics in Teaching: On inhabiting a place in the Common
- The Practical Meanings of Doing Philosophy of Education Based on Dewey's Pragmatism
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.05, Chair: Lovisa Bergdahl
- The Philosophy of Public Pedagogy and its Contribution to Sustainability Challenges
- The university from an ecological point of view. Idea, organization, practice.
- The Thing of Education
Carl Anders Säfström
Thomas Aastrup Rømer
13 SES 13 B, Mindfulness is Not Educational and "Diving for pearls": Thoughts on pedagogical theory and practice.
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 17:15-18:45, Room: C4.06, Chair: Stefano Oliverio
- Mindfulness is not educational
- Diving for pearls. Thoughts on pedagogical theory and practice.
Morten Timmermann Korsgaard
Thursday, 2018-09-06, 17:15-18:45, Room: E3.31, Chair: Kerry Chappell
- New Materialism in STEM Education
- Making the Case for a Material-Dialogic Pedagogy for Practical Science
- Entangling Matter and Gender in the Teaching and Learning of Chemistry
- Lifeworld story of rocks in a New Zealand primary science classroom
Hetherington Lindsay Hardman Mark Scantlebury Kathryn Otrel-Cass Kathrin n. n. Kerry Chappell Carol Taylor Wegerif Rupert Milne Catherine Hussenius Anita
Hetherington Lindsay Hardman Mark Wegerif Rupert
Scantlebury Kathryn Milne Catherine Hussenius Anita
Friday, 2018-09-07, 09:00-10:30, Room: C4.06, Chair: Joris Vlieghe
- Notes in/on education
- “Why aren’t you taking any notes?” On student's note-taking as displacement of the voice
- Entering the world with notes. Reclaiming the practices of lecturing and studying
Joris Vlieghe Lewis Tyson Piotr Zamojski Lavinia Marin Morten Korsgaard
Piotr Zamojski Vlieghe Joris
Friday, 2018-09-07, 13:30-15:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Rauno Huttunen
- After Postmodernism In Educational Theory?
- At the Wake, or the Return of Metaphysics
- Declarations of the Death Knell of Postmodernism
- Postmodern as Secularisation in Philosophy of Education
Rauno Huttunen Michael Peters Leena Kakkori Tina Besley Johan Dahlbeck Sharon Todd
Michael Peters Tina Besley
Leena Kakkori Rauno Huttunen
Friday, 2018-09-07, 15:30-17:00, Room: C4.06, Chair: Paul Standish
- “When Are We Ever At Home?”: Nostalgia for the Future, for Europe and Elsewhere
- Exile and Inclusion: The Concept of Belonging in Albert Camus’ “Exile and the Kingdom”
- From Heidegger to translation and the address of the other
- Nostalgia and Nihilism in the West: Revaluating the Contribution of Migrants
- On Nostalgia: Standing at the National Museum of Korea
SunInn Yun SoYoung Lee Marinete Araujo da Silva Fobister Alison Mary Brady Paul Standish Ian Munday
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.