00 SES 11 A, Multiple Facets of Multiple Languages. Deep drilling in Phenomena of Language Development and Education in Multilingual Contexts
The paper presents exemplar results of a worldwide unique longitudinal study (“Multilingual development in a longitudinal perspective – MEZ”) which observes language development of roughly 2000 students in their languages German, the first foreign language English, the heritage languages Turkish or Russian of the sample with a migrant background, and the 2nd foreign languages French or Russian of students in schools offering two or more foreign languages. The students were tested over three years (4 waves of data collection in a two-cohort-design) in secondary education (age 13 to 18). The data comprises of receptive (reading) and productive (writing) tests in all languages concerned. The presentation will focus on the dynamics in the development of reading and writing competences in more than one language. By including the range of students’ languages as well as extensive background information into the analysis, the study gives innovative insight in the actual reality of linguistic diversity – not only in German schools.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.