01 SES 11 C, Considering the Complexity of CPD for Teachers and Leaders
Parallel Paper Session
The organizational learning plays a key role in developing human resources including teachers in schools. To create organizational learning, in addition to have specific features such as shared vision, structure, and process, schools require a leader to encourage the teachers to share their knowledge for their own development that leads in school transformation. The theory of Spiritual leadership is a tool for teachers’ inner development, designed to create an intrinsically motivated organizational learning.
This research aims to explore the relationship between the teachers’ development and growth through the spiritual leadership and organizational learning based on the conceptual model, presented in Fry and Huber theories.
- Dent, E. B.; Higgins, E. M. ; Wharff, D. M., ( 2005 ), Spirituality and leadership: An empirical review of definitions, distinctions and embedded assumptions, The Leadership Quarterly, PP: 625-653. - Fry, L. W. ; Malone, p. n., ( 2003 ), Transforming schools through spiritual leadership: A field experiment, The American Educational Research Journal, PP: 1- 40. - Fry, L. W., ( 2003 ), Toward a theory of spiritual leadership, The Leadership Quarterly, NO. 14, PP: 693–727. - Fry, L. W., ( 2009 ) , Spiritual leadership as a model for student inner development, JOURNAL OF LEADERSHIP STUDIES, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp: 79-83. - Giaclone, R. A., ; Jurkiewicz, C. L., ( 2003 ) , Toward a science of workplace spirituality, In R. A. Giaclone, & C. L. Jurkiewicz ( Eds. ), Handbook of workplace spirituality and organizational performance, New York: M. E. Sharp, PP: 3 -28. - Gibbons, P., (2000), Spirituality at work: Definitions, measures, assumptions, and validity claims, Proceedings of the Academy of Management, USA, 2000. JOURNAL OF LEADERSHIP STUDIES, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp: 79-83. - Korac-Kakabadse, N., Kouzmin, A., & Kakabadse, A. (2002), Spirituality and leadership praxis, Journal of Managerial Psychology, Vol.17, No. 3, PP: 165–182. - Marques, J.; Dhiman, S. ; King, R., ( 2005 ), spirituality in the workplace: Developing an integral model and a comprehensive definition, The Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, Vol. 7, No. 1, PP: 81-91. - Reave, L., ( 2005 ), Spiritual values and practices related to leadership effectiveness, The Leadership Quarterly, PP: 655- 687.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.