01 SES 04 A, Symposium: Using Data for Improving School and Student Performance
The presenters will discuss the implementation of a Data Use Professional Development course which is organized according to 5 stages of a data inquiry model. The model provides an inquiry framework to support PLCs as they learn how to use data for problem solving and decision-making. The model tracks five distinct stages of inquiry: Preparation, Discovery, Diagnosis, Doing, and Evaluation. The course was designed to guide PLCs through a structured and iterative application of the 5-stage model, relying heavily on data analysis and collaboration protocols, templates and tools, and authentic learning activities to build the necessary technical, analytical, and collaboration skills. The course helps build the capacity of the school-based teams to not only engage in their own inquiry, but to serve as catalysts for whole-school data-driven decision making. The presenters will share the theoretical basis for the data use course (i.e. theory of action) as well as the general course structure. Additionally, specific tools and protocols will be shown as examples of how the course utilizes authentic learning activities to build data-driven decision making capacity. Finally, the presenters will share specific examples of how PLCs from the five participating countries have engaged in the course this school year.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.