02 SES 08 B, Symposium: Developing, Not Overthrowing – Policy Learning
Introduction of apprenticeship in Lithuania is accompanied by the very important reforms in curriculum design – it is planned to introduce competence based (sectoral) occupational standards and the national modular curricula (national system of modular training) in VET. These circumstances raise several key questions: How this reform of curriculum design is compatible with the principles of apprenticeship training? What can be a potential impact of these measures of reform in VET curriculum design to the development of apprenticeship in Lithuania? Compatibility of the modularization of the VET curricula with the apprenticeship training depends on the purposes of the modularization of VET curriculum and on the objects of the modules. The paper will attempt to find answers to the above raised questions by examining the approaches of other countries (e.g. work process approach in the VET curriculum design in Germany), as well as other methodological solutions of curriculum design, such as VQTS Competence matrix.
Search the ECER Programme
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.