05 SES 09 B, Continuities and Change in Policy and Practice for Education-Health Linkages: International Perspectives
Symposium<br /> Discussant: Jennifer Sumsion
The objective of this paper is to evaluate the patterns of change in the UK policy over the past 8 years. It seeks to do this though answering the following questions: What underlying political objectives are discernible within UK policy intended to bring about integrated working between human services professionals 2003-2011? To what extent did reform bring about changes in practices in the public services? The study will draw upon the theoretical and methodological resources of policy sociology (Ball 2008) and revisit some older notions of policy which might usefully re-learned for this purpose Loose coupling (Cuban 1988). A theoretical argument based on a critical evaluation of a qualitative data base of interviews with 22 senior decision makers in the North West of England and focus groups with over 60 professionals The above papers draw on a qualitative data base of interviews with 22 senior decision makers in the North West of England and focus groups with over 60 professionals This review of policy change seeks to situate the agenda for integrated working and public services linkages within the broader political context of policy change in the UK.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.