14 SES 12 B, Preventive Socialization of Gender Violence from Education
The research on preventive socialisation of gender violence started with the analysis of the attraction models and the models of choices for teenagers elaborated by Jesús Gómez in his research on Love in risk society. That is, for which model of individual they feel attracted (which is not the same as which is their ideal model) and which individuals do they choose with whom to have affective and sexual relationships (which are not always the same to which they feel attracted to). One of the main results is the existence of a connection between attractiveness and violence. Previous research showed that a socialization process within teenagers' contexts promotes this association. The results suggest that this link is one of the possible causes of the high rates ofgender violence among youth. The social perspective of those models of attraction and its relation or not with violence makes possible to establish educational guidelines to promote attraction models disconnected to gender violence. To empty violence of attractiveness and to give all the attractiveness to non violent models are the main orientations. Educational activities such asvideo forumsand classics literary gatherings are also a way to prevent when these are done with this perspective.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.