14 SES 12 B, Preventive Socialization of Gender Violence from Education
The “mirage of upward mobility” is a new concept in relation to the stratification of attraction (in process of publication on 2012). The mirage of the upward mobility is the erroneous perception that individuals have when associate the fact of establishing an affective and sexual relationship (with individuals that respond to the model of hegemonic masculinity in which is dominant the imposition and disrespect) to an increase of the social status and their attractiveness, when in fact reality is far from this and their status and attractiveness decreases. Results from two researches on this concept will be presented, one finalised and the second one still on progress. Youth and teenagers analyse how this situation is produced, how the peer interactions and other social interactions have a bearing on its reproduction and how it is possible to overcome this situation. The conception if the status and attractiveness increases or not is learned in the social context in which the youth and teenagers mix. The lack of reflection on this topic contributes to its reproduction. The campaigns of gender violence prevention should include the results of the scientific educational research in gender violence prevention to ensure that the educational actions are efficient.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.