19 SES 10 A, From Babyhood To Youth: Research Methodology and Children’ Participation
Symposium, Part 1
Joint Session with NW 05 and NW 07
This paper reports on a Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada funded meta-synthesis project relating to international advances in youth research process. The goals of the project are: a) to collect, synthesize and critically assess literatures across the social sciences and humanities relating to current research processes with, for and by youth, b) to compile a compendium of advances in research processes, and c) to conduct critical reflexive interviews of international key informants. We defined innovative research as that which is emergent, creative, interdisciplinary, developmentally appropriate, rigorous, and effective. We will present our analysis of international advances as assessed across multiple elements of the research process (question posing, methodology, theory, methods, ethics, analysis and reporting/mobilizing of new knowledge. We present highlights on a country by county basis of that which was emergent, creative, interdisciplinary, developmentally appropriate, rigorous and effective. The paper provides examples, lessons, paradoxes, dilemmas and directions that arose in our analytical work. We address them in relation to our emerging research in the field of education and youth studies with a focus on public educational contexts and digital youth cultures.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.