03 SES 14 A, Constructing Purposes and Legitimizing Social and Emotional Learning in Youth Education. Part 2
A specific driving force for the establishment and expansion of very different, but mostly psychologically based programs for the pupils’ mental health has to do with the interpretation and ‘use’ of the value base concept, launched in the national syllabus of 1994 and later, in authoritative texts in 2000 exhaustively developed in terms of respectful open, mutual communication for democracy and giving teachers as professionals a delicate task to fulfill. However, in one authoritative document as early as 2003 the question of realizing the value base is shifting towards preventing and providing the problem of mobbing. At the same time it is noticeable that many programs, most of them psychologically based and some working with preconceived manuals for training and communication, are seen as and named as ‘value base strengthening’. We mean that these utterances legitimated an explicitly undifferentiated view of communication. The fact ‘that most methods are using communication as an instrument’ without analyzing that the programs are based in totally different perspectives on communication and not investigating the preconditions, direction and the degree of prediction of the communication proposed, compared to the earlier recommended open communication, is without nuances and obscures totally the qualitative kernel of communication.
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.