04 SES 14 A, Gender Violence Prevention: Educational Actions and Empowerment
In Spain, the Act on Integrated Protection Measures against Gender Violence, for the educational level, states in Article 7 - c) that programs of initial and continuing teacher training should include training in: early detection of violence within the family, especially violence against women and children. The international scientific community also emphasizes the importance of initial teacher training on child protection, child abuse and prevention and detection of all types of violence (Baginsky & Macpherson, 2005; Goldman, 2005, 2007; Gómez Alonso, 2004; Oliver, Soler & Flecha, 2009; Valls, Puigvert & Duque, 2008). This research (Puigvert, 2008-2010) focuses on the identification in teacher education programs in Spain of elements related to knowledge and skills for the prevention and early detection of gender violence. It analyzes the perception that teachers and students in Spain have on the barriers and possibilities to make teacher education on prevention of gender violence possible. The research presents the elements that should be promoted to comply with the law such as developing policies that protect the victims and those who support them and act against the aggressors and their accomplices and developing awareness raising campaigns that involve the whole community.
The programme is updated regularly (each day in the morning)
- Search for keywords and phrases in "Text Search"
- Restrict in which part of the abstracts to search in "Where to search"
- Search for authors and in the respective field.
- For planning your conference attendance you may want to use the conference app, which will be issued some weeks before the conference
- If you are a session chair, best look up your chairing duties in the conference system (Conftool) or the app.